Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sexism at its greatest!

• 23-09-2010 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

i posted this in the wrong forum so ill ask all the gents instead.
    here goes) why is it okay for an old man of 65 to go out with a girl of 25... or a 55 year old man to date a 30 year old.. yet you never hear of 55 year old women running off with 30 year old men!!??

why do men think they are so great at 55 that they deserve a 30 year old? why do they feel that their lovely wives of 55 dont deserve them>??
    what makes them better than women?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

What does someone leaving their partner have to do with sexism?

And yes I have heard of women leaving their husbands to get with a younger man, maybe not as common as men who leave their wives but that does not make something automatically sexist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

here goes) why is it okay for an old man of 65 to go out with a girl of 25... or a 55 year old man to date a 30 year old.. yet you never hear of 55 year old women running off with 30 year old men!!??

why do men think they are so great at 55 that they deserve a 30 year old? why do they feel that their lovely wives of 55 dont deserve them>??

Never heard of the term cougar then? I wouldnt begrudge a woman going out with a younger man, nor vice versa.

Who are all these married 55 year old men running off with 30 year olds anyway? is this affecting your life somehow or are you just looking for an argument?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

'Cos they're not ageist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

To put it quite simply, I think it is probably far more common for a 30 year old woman to find a 55 year old man attractive than it is for a 30 year old man to find a 55 year old woman attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

keane2097 wrote: »
    To put it quite simply, I think it is probably far more common for a 30 year old woman to find a 55 year old man attractive than it is for a 30 year old man to find a 55 year old woman attractive.

Nature is sexist apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Never have I seen on television when in the presence of a woman a man going out with a woman considerably younger than him and said present woman or women not pass comment. On the other hand when the genders are reversed it's usually a case of "fair play to her".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

er, just incase i missed it...... who said they deserve it? Either way? this isnt sexism, its people being lucky/assh0les

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Jesus what are you on about? Bitter much?

Also; IBTL. Going for 3 in a row...impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

krudler wrote: »
    Nature is sexist apparently.

Pretty clearly tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

I find this post quite sexist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Demi Moore ring a bell ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Demi Moore ring a bell ?

More than one! Bwah hah hah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Gillian,this is the 3rd thread you have started on the theme of age.Painting it up as been sexist doesnt matter,its the same thing.As has already been said,everyone is different.That is life,end of story.If you start anymore threads like this again you will be dealt with accordingly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement