Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Wont Give Me a Phone

Options
  • 23-09-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi would like some advice please.

I was a meteor payg customer but wanted to switch to Bill Pay connect for €20 as i was paying more in credit than i would get compared to bill pay (200mins!). So i went into a branch and asked for a sim card. Said yes no problem here's a sim card and sales guy said here is a crap basic mobile it's free and you may as well have one even though i planned on getting a phone that i wanted unlocked.

Decided i wanted a meteor n97 which is advertised as €79.99 with the €30 package so i rang up customer care and asked if i can get one....they said i cant because my current mobile is not due for an upgrade because i had an upgrade only 4 months ago and i cant upgrade. I said i still intend on keeping my contract but want to upgrade my tarif. Rude meteor man patronises me and said that its my fault cause i have accepted a mobile i didnt want. But i didnt ask for a mobile....I dont see they wont let me pay for a mobile and also pay more per month on my bill. I never knew going into that meteor store id end up with a mobile i hate for 18 months!!

Someone please help!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Nothing you can do unfortunately. You signed a contract and got a subsidised phone no matter how cheap that phone was. You really should've just signed up to Bill Pay Lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭JDxtra

But surely if you stuck to the original plan of unlocking a phone you wanted (i.e. bought on eBay, Adverts.ie, from a friend etc) then this would not be an issue.

You availed of a discounted handset with your 18-month contract. You will not get another discount before that term is up. You could I suppose buy the N97 on Meteor prepay. But it's probably fairly expensive.

Advertisement