Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Met Office/Walkers Competition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

I won my first £10 from that walkers competition!!

Cheque in the post ...SAVAGE!!

mawinner.jpg

WOOP WOOP

walkers.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

bank charges for cashing that will be more than the cheque Inquisitor:) well done though :pac:

I'm living in the UK atm so it'll be just lodging it to my account. For Ireland they send a cheque for E10.

Nice though since a bag of crisps only costs 45p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Okay then, that makes you a professional, could you wander over to the daily forecast thread and ...

• Advertisement

Lol received my second cheque today!

picture0005tu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

I won on my second attempt too... have 4 credits at the moment, any suggestions of decent block of rain coming in. Thinking Ccotland Thursday morning or southern of Ireland Friday morning or British Midlands on Friday too... Any big swells coming in the next week ten days to hold off for??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Hmmmm, anybody think like me that Walkers have paid Met Éreann to down the sensitivity of the Irish radar so rain won't show up on it, as happened to a lot of you guys in the west yesterday??!!:D That way, they don't pay out! I'd say there are lots of unhappy players who have missed out on yesterday's "rain"....

just got an email to say I won again:)

Predicted rain near Mallow yesterday, living in the UK so getting ten pounds for each of these too...

Lots of rain coming in Sunday evening, west of Ireland is where I have my money, probably around Tralee or something! Thinking south of wales sout of england then on monday...

Can someone answer how they calculate rainfall in all the areas, they hardly have measuring stations every 4km sq??

• Advertisement

has anyone noticed that the maps are filling up very fast and these days... tuesdays in over 60% full and there isn't even that much rain forecast on tuesday as far as I can see...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

First Walkers cheque turned up today - whoppee! (won twice - just before the end of the comp - same town each time - wish I'd though of that notoriously rainy place sooner - hope they run this comp again next year!)
    Despite them saying the cheque would be Euro - it was £10 sterling - oh well that'll go in the UK savings account for buying boaty bits and books.

Advertisement