Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing connection from EA server -again..

Options
  • 23-09-2010 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi,
    This was a problem that affected me first and only when the game came out initially. I'd get about 5 minutes game time before getting kicked and 'losing connection to the EA servers'.
    At the time tried loads of stuff (PB, Anti-virus etc) but really it seemed to fix itself. I presumed it was something to do with the EA servers when first released. Since then I have had no issues, until about two weeks ago when the problem came back :(. Updated PB but no luck on that front. The problem is consistent and happens every time I login.
    Anyone have this old chestnut come back to bite them recently?

Cheers folks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

bifl wrote: »
    Hi,
    This was a problem that affected me first and only when the game came out initially. I'd get about 5 minutes game time before getting kicked and 'losing connection to the EA servers'.
    At the time tried loads of stuff (PB, Anti-virus etc) but really it seemed to fix itself. I presumed it was something to do with the EA servers when first released. Since then I have had no issues, until about two weeks ago when the problem came back :(. Updated PB but no luck on that front. The problem is consistent and happens every time I login.
    Anyone have this old chestnut come back to bite them recently?

Cheers folks

The EA servers did have major maintenance over the last two days, including a good bit of downtime. Has this continued today?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Spear wrote: »
    The EA servers did have major maintenance over the last two days, including a good bit of downtime. Has this continued today?

Yep same story even today. Just tried a manual PB update but no luck. Problems started about two weeks ago, months of no problem gaming prior to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Sounds like a firewall problem, see if there's an option for DMZ in your router. You can add your PC's IP address to the DMZ which will open all ports (not safe). Do this temporarily just to see if it fixes the issue and then disable DMZ and start looking at your firewall settings. Also, check your PC's firewall settings as well.

BF games use a lot of ports but not they are not all open at the same time, you may have been lucky up to two weeks ago but the game could be using a different port now that your firewall is blocking.

Even easier than fiddling with router settings: If you have a separate modem and router then try bypassing the router by plugging your PC straight into the modem.

ps It's taking me up to 2 minutes to login to the master servers these last few days so they are definitely making changes. It's probably due to the upcoming release of 2142 on Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Its funny in the last week mine has been fine, after it never really working well since i got the game. it works all fine for me now. I did notice a problem the other day but that must have been to EA maintance. And since mine got fixed I can now quit the game with out using ctrl alt del. I did not notice any new update in the last week or two but my game works like every other game now , i can play it online and quit out when im done.

Thanks for the replys and suggestions above.

I'm running off an O2 mobile broadband dongle running through a Edimx Wifi Broadband Router. I bypassed this an plugged directly into the computer. AntiVirus looks fine, all the main files have access and necessary permissions. Still the same problem get kicked after 3-5mins

About 5 days ago I logged in (through the router) and I was back playing as normal. I can only assume that the problem (as in a few months ago) was on EAs side. Once again I didn't do anything but suddenly the connection starts to function properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Hi Guys. Just bought this the other day. Battlefield Bad Company 2. I've tried logging on but it keeps giving me an error "Unable to Login, Please try again". I can get as far as the terms and conditions and when I click agree it throws up this error.

I went on to the EA Live chat and they suggested that I open ports on the router. To the best of my knowledge all the ports are open as I've never had any issues with any other games.

I'm running on win 7. I can play crysis no problem online. I can also play the single player no problems

AthAnRi wrote: »
    Hi Guys. Just bought this the other day. Battlefield Bad Company 2. I've tried logging on but it keeps giving me an error "Unable to Login, Please try again". I can get as far as the terms and conditions and when I click agree it throws up this error.

I went on to the EA Live chat and they suggested that I open ports on the router. To the best of my knowledge all the ports are open as I've never had any issues with any other games.

I'm running on win 7. I can play crysis no problem online. I can also play the single player no problems

Have you checked through your anuti-virus ? I have two Battlefield .exe (game and updater) setup with full permissions as well as two punkbuster files. I never though for myself that opening up the ports worked for me but it does seem to be a big thing with EA games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Barneslow

I have found that on the PS3 servers that the connection errors occur most frequently on Sunday nights. This is probably to do with a large amount of people playing at the same time, and there servers encounter errors. There are however two types of errors I have found, one is more irritating than the other.

The first is you are simply disconnected from the game, with a message saying Connection to EA has been lost or something along those lines, your stats are saved, and it is easy to get back into a game straight away.

The second is most annoying however, it simply kicks you from the game, no message is seen, and all your stats from that session are not saved. If you have had a long session, say more than 4 rounds, none of the stats are saved and so you have essentially wasted your time.

Servers at the moment seem to be steady, but there is always a problem on Sunday. I hope these errors are fixed by the time BFBC Vietnam comes out.

Advertisement