Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

360 "Content not available in your current area"

• 23-09-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I just saw Call of Duty Classic demo is available to download on the 360, but when I tried to download it I got the above error.

Why would it not be available in Ireland ? Could someone else with an Irish IP address try it and see if it works for them ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It's working for me (Irish account!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Worked for me last week when i downloaded it (it's god awful btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

zero19 wrote: »
    (it's god awful btw)

It was one of the best fps games on the PC when it was released back 10 years ago. Back when Halo CE was the king fps game on the Xbox and the consoles were getting basic versions of CoD compared to what was on the PC at the time. How times change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It was one of the best fps games on the PC when it was released back 10 years ago. Back when Halo CE was the king fps game on the Xbox and the consoles were getting basic versions of CoD compared to what was on the PC at the time. How times change.

Actually, it came out less than 7 years ago. Halo CE came a considerable time before COD....the first console COD game didn't come along till late 2004 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 andyadc

Just wont work for me, I wonder if Microsoft is incorrectly working out the region from my ip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

andyadc wrote: »
    Just wont work for me, I wonder if Microsoft is incorrectly working out the region from my ip
    Two important questions:
    What region is your Gamertag set to?
    Where are you and your console now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 andyadc

gizmo wrote: »
    Two important questions:
    What region is your Gamertag set to?
    Where are you and your console now?

Thanks Gizmo, you have sourced the problem !

To answer your questions, My Xbox is in Dublin, My Xbox's locale is set to Ireland, but when I checked my Gamertag on live.xbox.com I can see that it is set to United Kingdom, and I dont seem to be able to change it ???????

Anyway, I created a new profile on the 360, and using the new profile it let me download it. Plus its a months free gold, how many times can you do that ?

Wish I could change my Gamertags region !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

andyadc wrote: »
    Thanks Gizmo, you have sourced the problem !

To answer your questions, My Xbox is in Dublin, My Xbox's locale is set to Ireland, but when I checked my Gamertag on live.xbox.com I can see that it is set to United Kingdom, and I dont seem to be able to change it ???????

Anyway, I created a new profile on the 360, and using the new profile it let me download it. Plus its a months free gold, how many times can you do that ?

Wish I could change my Gamertags region !
    Yep, that'll do it. MS use a geo-IP based system to ensure that you gamertag and console match so you can't access any content which isn't licensed in your territory. Unfortunately that flag also comes up red when, even if the content is available in both regions, the content itself is region locked, usually because it's restricted in another region e.g Germany.

I had this problem with the free Gears Of War 2 DLC with my Irish Gamertag being played over in Scotland. Even with my code I was unable to download it because it was region locked and I was "out of region" despite the download being available in both Ireland and the UK. :o

MS are working on it I believe, but they're trying to do it in a manner which still stops you from access content not available in your console region.

Advertisement