Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone gotten the 500 btea book allowance paid to them yet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gorjess-girlie

Yep still no sign, mine goes in at ten pm on a wednesday... Looks like I might be waiting til November. It makes me sad right in my heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭captainstacy

still none here either

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jewell

Got mine Yesterday by cheque:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

thats good to know jewel, im in cork aswell, did they post it to u? did u go in about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jewell

Hey SexPanther,

I got mine by cheque but the Dept dealing with it was in Longford cos I qualified through Carer's allowance, most people seem to have it approved by local SW office and transfered directly to bank......Id say ring office dealing with your claim. Hope you get it soon

• Advertisement

Another week goes by and no €500. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut it in the budget

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Sonz

Finally got mine this morning, they say around the end of the month to be sure people stay in the courses...

Still no sign over here either...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Hi, I was told by Maynooth Social Welfare Office 2 weeks ago that it was supposed to be in today, the 21st. No sign of it this morning so I rang Ballyfermot Social Wefare Office(who deal with BTEA claims in this region) just there and I was told by a gentleman on the other end of the phone that due to the massive increase in BTEA applicants this year the whole process has been put back by a few weeks.
    He told me I can expect to receive my book allowance two weeks from today, the 4th of November.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks for that Royal Seahawk my claim is in there too! They never told me a date whenever I went in though, I guess I can relax now for a fortnight now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 sugajay

I'm still waiting on the €500 allowance too, I was told by the guy in the Limerick office that I would get it by 'early' October. Also, I still have to collect the payment in the post office every week. Anyone else still waiting to get payment paid to bank account??? I know the Ennis office have paid out the €500 this week if that's any help to people here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Nope. Still waiting. Letter sent in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

My local SW office would be in Dublin city centre, I got that allowance this week. I would only guess that other areas will get it real soon if not paid yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

sugajay wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on the €500 allowance too, I was told by the guy in the Limerick office that I would get it by 'early' October. Also, I still have to collect the payment in the post office every week. Anyone else still waiting to get payment paid to bank account??? I know the Ennis office have paid out the €500 this week if that's any help to people here!

Limerick here as well, still waiting as well. In all honestly I actually forgot about this until my friend reminded me the other day.

This is my second year on BTEA, does this matter and actually I cannot remember but do I need to apply for the book allowance seperatly or is it a given once you get accepted for BTEA? Any feedback would be lovely, thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

sugajay wrote: »
    I know the Ennis office have paid out the €500 this week if that's any help to people here!
    i'm from ennis, havent received the 500 yet, but am getting the btea into my a/c for the last month or so :confused:

Finally got mine tonight. Sweeeeeeet.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

Nope still nothing here. Really could have done with it this week

Mine arrived at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Still haven't gotten it in Cork. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

still haven't gotten mine in Tralee. It's annoying :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Got mine last week in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

It seems Dublin are the only one's getting it as of now which is disgraceful. I don't see why it takes so long to put through, just add €500 to the €196 they put through so easily each week..? Typical ****e government and their attitude with anything to do with Education.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Got mine this week, really needed at the start of the month thou. Had a huge shopping list of items to get as I'm doing art.

It's impossible... I still haven't got 500 euro. I rang up to social office they said they haven't got my letter stating that I'm registered in college. But i dropped in this letter TWICE already. Stupid morons
    Anyone still haven't received it?

Still nothing in Cork. :(

Byron85 wrote: »
    I'm based in Tralee...So that's the same i suppose :(

Byron85 wrote: »
    Did you ring them? What the are saying?

BaguMka wrote: »
    Did you ring them? What the are saying?

I called into the office a month ago and they said it'd be a while, probably sometime this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

got mine in cork city woo woo :)

• Advertisement

got mine in cork city woo woo :)

Interesting. I'm in Cork city too and I didn't get it. Maybe they're doing it alphabetically or something; my last name starts with a W.

Advertisement