Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone gotten the 500 btea book allowance paid to them yet

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

ya my surname is B,so there prob doing it alphabetically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Aboythekid

I live in naas in kildare and i still have not got mine, i really need this money, the debt in from books and travel alone, my 2nd name also starts with W, really hope it comes soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Forget the book allowance, I've finally got approved for Back to Education after 8 weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Still nothing this week, what a fcuking disgrace. I'm charging up to my Social Welfare tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 fintan.moloney

Well I doubt I got anything either, I'll check it in the morning but I don't hold out any hope, I'd check online now but I accidentally locked my online banking out last week (mistake in my PW :/) - Its actually crazy as its nearly December, this whole thing is a joke.

• Advertisement

Just posted this in the Social Welfare section as well but just in case..

For anyone in Limerick City still waiting for this, I may have a ray of hope! My friend who has still not sent in his letter got a call today from the office saying if he wants it he has to get it in this week because they are processing. Hopefully mine will come through as well!

I didn't get anything this week again *sigh* but yeah that is a ray of hope for next week...thanks dude !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭kukazhina

LIMERICK SOCIAL SERVICE
    THEY TOLD ME TODAY THEY ONLY NOW PROCESSING SO CUD BE AROUND 2-3WEEKS BEFORE CHRISTMAS !!!:(

Hmm so we are looking at next week or the week after *sigh*..At least they said they are processing them anyway, can't exactly see how it can be so complicated that it has taken this long. I mean how hard is it to change an automatic payment to a different figure?

kukazhina wrote: »
    LIMERICK SOCIAL SERVICE
    THEY TOLD ME TODAY THEY ONLY NOW PROCESSING SO CUD BE AROUND 2-3WEEKS BEFORE CHRISTMAS !!!:(

This week is 3 weeks before Christmas so expect it this or next week. At least something is happening, finally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

hi im thinking of going back to study next sept, possible heritage studies or outdoor ed and geography, im getting a small social welfare payment at the moment, im wondering from all your experiences is it hard to get the 196, and just because i only get a smaller amount does that exclude me, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sugajay

Finally got the €500 today, looks like the Limerick office has got their act together at last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭kukazhina

:Dget my to finally...woop woop

sugajay wrote: »
    Finally got the €500 today, looks like the Limerick office has got their act together at last!

This should have been me as well, they lost my bloody letter and are saying tough luck! I'm fuming :mad:

Resi12 wrote: »
    This should have been me as well, they lost my bloody letter and are saying tough luck! I'm fuming :mad:

Well it's hardly tough luck if you gave them the letter and THEY lost it. So are you not going to get it at all now? Don't take any crap from them!

sugajay wrote: »
    Well it's hardly tough luck if you gave them the letter and THEY lost it. So are you not going to get it at all now? Don't take any crap from them!

No way! I'm going up and asking for a supervisor today. They are not getting away with that at all.

Resi12 wrote: »
    No way! I'm going up and asking for a supervisor today. They are not getting away with that at all.

Good stuff, hope it all goes well for you!

Advertisement