Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo requirements for green card lottery

Options
  • 23-09-2010 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

After reading the requirements over and over on the website - http://travel.state.gov/pdf/1318-DV2012Instructions-ENGL.pdf I can't make any sense of them.
    Basically is it ok to submit passport photos via scanner or will i have someone take a picture and how will I know if there ok to use with all the numbers and pixels and dots?:confused:

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

You're probably best off bringing the sheet into a pharmacy and asking them to help you. They usually have cameras set up so they can adjust the settings as needed. I think I got mine done last year in Sam McCauley's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

Take a digital photo with your webcam at 800x600 and then chop off the left and right 100 pixels to make the unzoomed original 600x600 pixel image they require.

This is what worked for me. You need to make sure it meets the height/position criteria and have it against a white wall, but I won it last year (didn't bother taking it up in the end though) doing that.

The instructions are pretty straightforward: make sure your head is in the required position, with no added crap like hats, dark backgrounds, etc., and the pixels need to be square (i.e., you haven't stretched it weirdly).

Advertisement