Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OS X kalyway

Options
  • 23-09-2010 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Im trying to install OS X SNOW LEOPARD KALYWAY on my pc.
    specs:
    ASRock H55m mainboard.
    Intel Pentium Dual-Core G6950
    2gb DDR3 RAM

However it wont boot past the intial loading screen, keeps restarting.

Anyone know what I can do to get past it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

sparkywolf wrote: »
    Im trying to install OS X SNOW LEOPARD KALYWAY on my pc.
    specs:
    ASRock H55m mainboard.
    Intel Pentium Dual-Core G6950
    2gb DDR3 RAM

However it wont boot past the intial loading screen, keeps restarting.

Anyone know what I can do to get past it?

Dont mean to backseat mod, but discussing Hackinstosh is illegal on most forums and I'm sure boards is no different.

Its probably not compatible either (the parts + the OS that is )

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Alas, yes, because Apple are a bunch of [CENSORED BY APPLE]

Besides, I'm fairly sure Apple don't use ASRock mobos or Pentium Gs so OSX can't recognise those parts. And without any form of CPU or mobo driver any OS install is sunk, legal or... otherwise :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Solitaire wrote: »
    Alas, yes, because Apple are a bunch of [CENSORED BY APPLE]

Besides, I'm fairly sure Apple don't use ASRock mobos or Pentium Gs so OSX can't recognise those parts. And without any form of CPU or mobo driver any OS install is sunk, legal or... otherwise :o

Yup, this is the reason. There are ways about it but its not something that is allowed here. Off to google with ye ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 szak

hackintosh is cool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

szak wrote: »
    hackintosh is cool
    Your first post since you joined 12 months ago. Congratulations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

WTF....

discussing "Hackinstosh" is NOT illegal ANYWHERE.

It is against Apples EULA but if you don't care about support them it not an issue.

The EULA has ZERO LEGAL STANDING in Ireland.
    Deano12345 wrote: »
    Dont mean to backseat mod, but discussing Hackinstosh is illegal on most forums and I'm sure boards is no different.

Its probably not compatible either (the parts + the OS that is )

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

The EULA is illegal, but it also counts as reverse-engineering and Apple sued several Hackintosh firms into the ground over it. Ireland's absurd libel laws stem from Victorian times (thanks Brits :rolleyes: ) and have only been updated to copperplate their absurd pro-corporation, anti-free-speech qualities. Apple could happily sue any website based in Ireland into the ground if they felt like it, and frankly the Admins really don't want to chance that. Its the same gig for earning nVidia's displeasure over hybrid "PhysX CrossFire" rigs. If someone wants to know about either, its off to Google for them. I don't agree with this at all but like the other Mods and Admins I'm constrained by our absurd legal system, so blame them and most of all blame Apple, nVidia and all the other grifters in the industry :mad:

Advertisement