Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8Mb Upc Broadband Package Modem Goes Wireless But No Password With it Doh

• 23-09-2010 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hey My Parents Got the 8 Mb Broadband Package.

And the got this crappy little modem with it its tiny that's my opinion.

Right here Goes my Rant: They Reieved no manuals no set up guide expect for the flash Cd intro.
    They Set it up it works with the wire plugged it.
    Right it has Signal wireless but they did not give them the password for the wifi connection or the

You Know the
    Upc33482
    password for network yfudy8743

If you get my meaning.
    I told them too ring self install and self install said sorry there is no password with it.

So he is ringing them again.

I got a password it is on a sticker under my modem and a sticker in the manual.

But it asks for a password not my dad did not set it up and change the password or anything.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

Not sure if I follow you but here's my 2 cents... Is it just a modem or is it a modem with a router built in? If it has a wireless router built in then you can access the router by typing into the web browser the default gateway(normally 192.168.1.1). If not that then (on windows 7) click start,type cmd,return and enter ipconfig/all in the command prompt. This will give you the default gateway address(if the one above is wrong). From the web interface you shoud be able to change the security settings.

Good luck.

Advertisement