Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cooker diversity

Options
  • 23-09-2010 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

doing a kitchen renovation

double oven 5.5kw

hob 6.4kw

there's a 6sq in situ-just confirming i need to run an additional supply as it's awkward

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Book/6.5.2.htm-going by diversity here you'd be ok

but the etci says 10kw which is a safer bet -so i reckon an extra cable

kitchen fitters are saying 6sq will do but i'm not having it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

M cebee wrote: »
    doing a kitchen renovation

double oven 5.5kw

hob 6.4kw

there's a 6sq in situ-just confirming i need to run an additional supply as it's awkward

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Book/6.5.2.htm-going by diversity here you'd be ok

but the etci says 10kw which is a safer bet -so i reckon an extra cable

kitchen fitters are saying 6sq will do but i'm not having it

Hard to imagine the entire lot on at any one time, and even if it is, the cooker plates will be going on and off during most uses. No harm running another circuit though, except for the awkward part.

Kitchen fitters would say a 2.5 feeding it will be grand if you asked them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i've ran another 6-and split them up

i prefer to stay within the 10kw

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The chances ate you would be ok with a single 6mm sq, but who wants to take chances? IMHO you made the right decision.

Kitchen fitters ate great for advice........on kitchens!!

Advertisement