Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of the frying pan...(festy nct failure update)

Options
  • 23-09-2010 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

a few weeks ago i posted about a 1998 fiesta i had bought that had failed on emissions. nct said she was smoking a lot which i could not figure out at the time:confused: long story short i dropped it up to my local mechanic a week ago to take a look thinking it might just be the cat that was gone,no such luck. he got back to me today with the news that piston rings are knackered,seals are gone etc. etc.:( it only really turned up he said when they put it on high revs to test it like the nct and it filled up the workshop with smoke:eek:
    mechanic said it was not worth my while fixing as i would basically need a new engine:eek: trouble is to find a good one and then all the hassle of swapping them around.by the time i had that done i would have a car with two years nct bought for less he said:oi have been dealing with this guy for over twenty years and i trust him when he says the engine is wanked:( so looks like money down the drain which i did not have in the first place.
    trouble is now i can't decide whether to go back to the guy i bought it from and ask for my money back or just write off the loss:confused: he was reccomended to me by the girl i am currently seeing who said i could trust him to get me a good cheap car(feeling like a fool now).basically i am now left without a car and minus a few hundred euro as well:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

you'll have no recourse unless you bought it from a proper dealer. he might be the type of bloke to look after you but i wouldnt hold my breath tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭deadman walking

well according to OH i could trust this fella but now i think he just pulled a fast one on me and i may just have to write it off as a loss:( not a fella that would look after you i think but might give you a hiding if you challenged him;) just scalded that what little i had i have now lost on this dud because i trusted OH's word that this guy was ok:mad:

Advertisement