Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paying for Information?

• 23-09-2010 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I was wondering does anybody have any experience with Volunteer Latin America? They have a variety of projects that are conservation/ecology/science based that quite appeal to me and are cheaper than the likes of i-to-i etc.

The website, however, has details on the various projects but no information as such on how to apply. Accordingly they act more as an intermediate and you have to order a volunteer guide which costs £25 and apparently has much more extensive and personalised information!

Does this seem a bit odd to you or do you reckon it'd be worth it to order the form?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Very strange. I think that's the same crowd who were spamming my blog last year.

Just google Free and Cheap South American Volunteering. Can't remember the exact name but it's a white website with lots of organizations. You just look for something you'd like to do and off you go.

Or else look up mycharity.ie, look for the list of organizations, go to each of their webstes and see who takes volunteers.

You don't have to spend money if you're willing to spend a bit of time online searching.

And be warned, generally (not always), the ones that don't require around 9 months training will require you to fundraise around €5000.

Advertisement