Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Harolds Cross like to live in??

• 23-09-2010 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

Thinking of moving to Harolds Cross, looking at a two bed just off the main N81 there.

Can someone tell me whats the area like in general?

I'm not from Dublin.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Nice area, close enough to town (about a 25 - 30 minute walk to Grafton Street), close to Rathmines for your late night grub, and in general pretty safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dontclickonthis

Nice area, close enough to town (about a 25 - 30 minute walk to Grafton Street), close to Rathmines for your late night grub, and in general pretty safe.

Cheers. Looking forward to moving there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭irishguy

Hi,

Thinking of moving to Harolds Cross, looking at a two bed just off the main N81 there.

Can someone tell me whats the area like in general?

I'm not from Dublin.

Thanks in advance.

I live here the last year and I really like it. Very close to town Rathmines/terenure/Rathgar. 15 min walk to the Luas and loads of bus routes. Few nice pubs and a very well kept park.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I lived in the Harolds Cross area for 7 years.. over near Mount Argus chruch and loved it.. close to everything but away from the hassle/noise of the city..

There is a Superquinn on sundrive and a Tesco in Rathmines and one over near Rathfarnham.. need a car for that one.

Can also recommend the Red Rice Chinese Take away near sundrive cross.. nyom nyom.. ohh I need food.. :D:p

Definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Harolds Cross, perfect distance from town for me, (I'd walk in, walk around town and still walk back home so no worrying or waiting with buses) enough local amenities that you'd never be too far from essentials such as cheese, milk, cigs etc.

Quiet, but in a good (safe and peaceful) kinda way as opposed to Terenure (so boring I'm going staple myself in various orifices just to feel something) kinda way. Plus you're on a number of bus routes.

Harold's Cross, where you are, is near enough Rathmines for shopping (Dunnes, Tesco, Aldi, Lidl) without having the incresingly annoying noise of Rathmines at night (people yelling their way home - and not just on weekends!) and lorries and trucks every week morning from about 6:30 - 9 am.

All in all I'd say Harolds Cross is a very good area. When I was living there I would've said it was a good area but having moved out I appreciate the area a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

Harolds Cross is a grand spot...lived there for a few years myself and never had any negative issues. Handy for town too.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭easynote

I never lived in Harolds Cross but on Leinster Rd, which is connecting Rathmines and HaroldsX, at the Rathmines end of it.

I always found the HaroldsX end of Leinster Road to be that little bit more sinister, whereas the Rathmines end is more jolly, bright and comforting.

That's just the feeling I get from the different energies in the two areas.

I remember wondering about whether the greyhound racing grounds in Harolds X had something to do with that.

Thread should move to Dublin city

Advertisement