Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dressmaking materials-help!

• 23-09-2010 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for where to buy fabric in carlow/tullow/bunclody/enniscorthy?
    IT'S so hard to get this info online, also if anyone can advise me on getting a cheap sewing machine, I know argos have a tiny one for like 35 euro-ish but dont know if it'd be worth it.
    Any help would be great thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

I did a Textile skills course in gorey community college . Tara stores in Georey was the main place recomended. There were people on that course from Enniscorthy and wexford. In wexford town there is Corry's off the main street. Its a bit like stepping back in time.Not great if you want to browse but grand if you know what you are looking for. One woman on the course had a machine from Lidls and it seemed grand. They are going to have them in again in the next week or so for €75, I think.There is a VEC school in Enniscorthy so they are bound to do Home economics. you could try giving them a ring or posting on the Wexford board. If you ever get up to Dublin there is a big exhib at the end of October in RDS on Knitting and Stitching. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lemonbalm

Threads of Green in Kilkenny have a fab shop and also a website.
    www.threadsofgreenfabrics.com/
    They stock alot of wonderful materials and are quite reasonable.
    Its hard to go there without purchasing some little bit of material:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ehewitt

thank you lemonbalm, you have inadvertently helped me!! you rock:)))

Advertisement