Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to Relax

Options
  • 23-09-2010 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Can anyone help me with this, i was racking my brain recently while i was with friend for somewhere relatively quiet to relax and couldnt think of a single place in the city center, it could be anything a cafe, bar, restaurant etc just some jems you all know of that one or two people can sit quietly relax and maybe have a coffee or whatever :D

thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Iveagh Gardens

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Ronanc1

Thanks guys will defo check these out funnily enough id heard of that tea place Thaedydal just never been looks nice but a bit pricey http://www.tea-garden.eu/MenuWEB.pdf
    im just a poor student haha

Anything else comes to mind shout it out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Merrion Square can be quiet enough too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

In the tea garden place, is it properly relaxing or are you being constantly pestered by the gazes from those that (perhaps) go there to be seen and remarked upon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ronanc1 wrote: »
    Thanks guys will defo check these out funnily enough id heard of that tea place Thaedydal just never been looks nice but a bit pricey http://www.tea-garden.eu/MenuWEB.pdf
    im just a poor student haha

Anything else comes to mind shout it out

Thats for a pot of tea (which you can share) and you can sit and not be hassle by anyone for easily 90 mins.

In the tea garden place, is it properly relaxing or are you being constantly pestered by the gazes from those that (perhaps) go there to be seen and remarked upon?

It is made up of separate areas which are screened off from each other so no it's not full of people who go to gawk at other people who are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Ronanc1

Thaedydal It sounds like everything i was looking for :o on the price mistake ha now all i need you to do is suggest some of the teas for me and ill be set haha thanks for all this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

As much as I hate to say this, Starbucks is always great for being left alone. Grab a coffee and sit for ages having a gossip. The one in CHQ is always very quiet, the staff are lovely and you won't be bothered.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Marks and Spencers on Grafton St have a roof top garden cafe/restaurant. I haven't been up, but I'd say it's so lovely if you can get a seat by the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

The park in Dublin Castle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

James Joyce balcony of Bewleys. Well, Bewley's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

rose garden/cricket ground in Trinity ?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

I usually get some coffee in Insomnia on Grafton Street and then go up to Stephen's Green and sit in the park for a bit, weather permitting of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TalkingGoose

The Tea Room on Berkeley Street is nice quiet spot where we normally stop for about an hour on the way home from town for a chat and always wonder where the time goes. A pot costs €4 and you get a good few cups out of it and a few biscuits, can't complain with that. Staff are always lovely in there as well and are very helpful especially if all you've ever drank is Lyons before!

http://www.organicflowerpower.ie/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=5&ccSID=e0bd807af7597b6d7bc0dc1dfbffc31f

Advertisement