Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extraction fan puzzle!

• 23-09-2010 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I am in the middle of a new build and want to install an in cabinet extraction fan over a gas cooker. This would normally be vented out through the back of the cabinet through and external wall to the outside. There is a reason this solution cannot work for me. I am thinking of venting out through the inner leaf of the block wall, up through the wall cavity to the attic and onto a dedicated vent in the fascia. Has anyone ever vented and extraction fan up through a wall cavity and into the attic and if so how? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Sounds overly complicated op, why would you not go straight through the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 velogalway

The wall is to the front of the house and is also very close to another front wall running at an angle. Sounds strange I know but venting thru the wall is not an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

There is a ducting you can get that is retangular in shape, but how you are going to get that up through the cavity of the wall that is filled with insulation is beyond me

You will need to go straight up on the wall, on the interior, you could box it off with the same wood as the kitchen and then use a flexi duct to bring it to the eaves, however it would need to be filtered free of grease

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

If the venting fails, you could look at a model which also has a recycling capacity - it will suck in the air and filter it through a charcoal filter. It's not as effective but may be an alternative.

Advertisement