Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanderlei silences sonnen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MMAIRELAND.ORG

wandy wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_JLbe-RnDw&feature=player_embedded

Wanderlei confronts Sonnen over Nogueria Bros remarks :D

What a quote! "Dont do that nomore. In Brazil we have a saying. You have respect, you dont lose your teeth"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Ha sonnen doesnt give a fiiiiddddlers what hes saying, cant wait to see Sonnen fight Silva again, likin the chap more and more :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Tones69 wrote: »
    cant wait to see Sonnen fight Silva again,

You are going to be waiting awhile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Ha sonnen doesnt give a fiiiiddddlers what hes saying, cant wait to see Sonnen fight Silva again, likin the chap more and more :)

You haven't been paying attention to the news lately have you?

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    You haven't been paying attention to the news lately have you?

I have, tested positive for a ped, could have been anything in fairness, he knew he was gonna be tested and we all know fighters take numerous amounts of supplements (and maybe painkillers during some part of his camp etc etc) and not always knowing what each contains. I still like the chap, worked his fookin ass off to give anderson that beating last month, first man to do it too

I have, tested positive for a ped, could have been anything in fairness, he knew he was gonna be tested and we all know fighters take numerous amounts of supplements (and maybe painkillers during some part of his camp etc etc) and not always knowing what each contains. I still like the chap, worked his fookin ass off to give anderson that beating last month, first man to do it too

No, he actually cheated his way to give Anderson Silva a beating.

When you say it "could have been anything", what do you mean? What could it have been?

Also, how do you reconcile the fact that he admited to the CSAC that he took a banned substance?

When you say it "could have been anything", what do you mean? What could it have been?

Also, how do you reconcile the fact that he admited to the CSAC that he took a banned substance?

That i did not know, tut :(

That i did not know, tut :(

Yup, when he was giving his sample, he told the representative he had taken a banned substance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

you do realise that PED's dont do the job for you? its not like he walked into the gym and became awesome...

• Advertisement

you do realise that PED's dont do the job for you? its not like he walked into the gym and became awesome...

Well they enhanced his performance. The clue is in the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Great clip. wanderlei is a class act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Yup, when he was giving his sample, he told the representative he had taken a banned substance.

From my understanding of it:

He explained he had taken a banned substance to help him get over the flu he was going through.
    CSAC stated this was bullsh!t and he actually took PED's not a banned flu medication.

Wanderlei came across totally different than I expected, Chael was really taken aback when Wandi pulled him up on the Brazil thing!
    I thought he was going to open the car door and bail while it was still moving :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Wanderlei is a character, is this video blog going to be a recurring thing because its entertaining seeing it from a fighter's point of view.

Sonnen looks totally pissed off throughout, probably the impending ban on his mind or its just his personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭bilbo79

wandy owned sonnen, class :)

bilbo79 wrote: »
    wandy owned sonnen, class :)

Or more like Chael just wasnt arsed getting into a silly argument with a man who can barely speak english :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Or more like Chael just wasnt arsed getting into a silly argument with a man who can barely speak english :)

I imagine when Wandy's knee is all healed up he would be more than happy to demonstrate what he was talking about. :D

And wasn't Sonnen's entire run of promotion not a silly argument with a man who couldn't speak English?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

in fairness, wandy doesn't sound or look to good. Sounds and looks like the scrapping is takings its toll on the brain and body. Still a legend and some class quotes.

PED's or not have to say would still liked to have seen sonnen beat silva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Eh, Anderson Silva??

It wasnt that Sonnen wasn't arsed! He loves being the mouth but when he gets called on it he can't back it up with proof.

He knows he didnt mean what he said about the Nogs anyway...... i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Anyone who thinks the wand of 2010 would beat sonnen in a cage, ufc rules.. Needs some sort of mental assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Chris89 wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks the wand of 2010 would beat sonnen in a cage, ufc rules.. Needs some sort of mental assessment.

Be a nice fight to watch though. Sonnen and his bluster and PED's and Wandy with his gammy yet still brutalising knees.

Stick Wandy on the gear too and it might even be a fair fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Wandy is an absolute legend of a fighter, definatly my all-time favourite. that quote is gas "Dont do that nomore. In Brazil we have a saying. You have respect, you dont lose your teeth"

Are we talking about the Chael Sonnen who was an Also-Ran for years? Or the Chael Sonnen who all of a sudden had a good run and then failed a drugs test?

Are we talking about the Chael Sonnen who was an Also-Ran for years? Or the Chael Sonnen who all of a sudden had a good run and then failed a drugs test?

Well considering they are both the same person I'm not sure why to say.

Don't be so naive. Top level athletes across all disciplines have a he'll of a lot of resources available. Just because they haven't failed a test doesn't mean anything.

Lol at stick wandy on the gear too. Have you seen the lad?

I like chael sonnen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I usually tune out the WWE-ish stuff UFC does now so what exactly did Chael say about Brazil and the Nog Bros?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Top level athletes across all disciplines have a he'll of a lot of resources available. Just because they haven't failed a test doesn't mean anything.

hahaha spoonful of your own medicine(PED or not :p) there..."Don't be so naive."

I would say if they have not failed a test means a lot...compared to the fighters that have

Devastator wrote: »
    hahaha spoonful of your own medicine(PED or not :p) there..."Don't be so naive."

I would say if they have not failed a test means a lot...compared to the fighters that have

The ironing, is delicious.

Come on man, it's 2010. There is money in sport now. It is without a doubt in an athletes interest to by whatever means possible, stay ahead of the field. Or in a lot of cases, keep up with the field.

The Olympic games, people testing positive all over the shop. Not because they're the only ones, just because they got caught.
    The NFL, the NBA, like are you seeing the size of these lads?

The guys that get caught are almost martyrs for the cause! They look bad and take the heat off the other guys.

I read before that nowadays, drugs tests often test for substances that athletes use to mask the PEDs they are taking, because there is so many strains or whatever available that it was statistically more likely to catch someone that way.

The peds will always be a few steps ahead of the tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

Wanderlei is a character, is this video blog going to be a recurring thing because its entertaining seeing it from a fighter's point of view.

It already is a regular thing previous vids over the past year have involved training for fights, watching his team compete in amateur and small shows and getting his new kickass tattoo done at Huntington Ink in Vegas.

Chael's face completely drops when hes confronted like that and for once has no witty comeback. He actually went and slagged Wandy after when he wasnt in the line of fire. Comments made and Wandys reaction are in the link below

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=5344

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

From my understanding of it:

He explained he had taken a banned substance to help him get over the flu he was going through.
    CSAC stated this was bullsh!t and he actually took PED's not a banned flu medication.

I have no idea if this is the case of not. I imagine that he was taking PEDs. If not, its pretty easy to prove and reverse the ban.
    But i remember being sick as a kid, and I remember the doctor saying the meds I was given were steroid based.

Also, the amount of people that think steroids are something you can take before a fight and be mles better is laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

Wandy vs Chael is definitely a fight I'd like to see.

Chael would probably win by L'N'P but it would be fun while it stayed standing.

Chael's takedowns > Wandy's knees IMO, definitely at this stage of Wandy's career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭TheTMO

I think Chael Sonnen didn't say anything because it was quite clear all of his comments were taking the piss and not serious at all. He probably wasn't bothered trying to explain that and decided to let Noguiera say his piece and just leave it at that. I am actually quite suprised that so many people think Sonnen is being serious in his Q&As as he is quite clearly joking.

As for the PEDs test, if it does indeed turn out to be steroid based flu medication in regular doses then whats the problem? I'm pretty sure you can test to see how much testosterone was in the blood so I'll hold judgement unless it turns out he was mega dosing with the stuff. Considering how hard he trains I wouldn't be suprised if he got pissed missing training due to a flu and tried to speed up his recovery.

TheTMO wrote: »
    I think Chael Sonnen didn't say anything because it was quite clear all of his comments were taking the piss and not serious at all. He probably wasn't bothered trying to explain that and decided to let Noguiera say his piece and just leave it at that. I am actually quite suprised that so many people think Sonnen is being serious in his Q&As as he is quite clearly joking.

As for the PEDs test, if it does indeed turn out to be steroid based flu medication in regular doses then whats the problem? I'm pretty sure you can test to see how much testosterone was in the blood so I'll hold judgement unless it turns out he was mega dosing with the stuff. Considering how hard he trains I wouldn't be suprised if he got pissed missing training due to a flu and tried to speed up his recovery.

They all train like 19 times a day. They're all using a bit of calpol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭cletus

TheTMO wrote: »

I actually like Sonnen's **** talk, because it is so outrageous its funny. However, he didn't leave it at that, he has made other comments about Wand, linked to earlier in the thread

The link also says that, although Sonnen is entitled to apply for an appeal, he has not yet done so. Strange, considering his previous assertion that it was 'flu medication

Advertisement