Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q-Park on the Grand Parade - seriously exepensive

Options
  • 23-09-2010 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Went in there on Saturday for the first time in months, and now it's 1.80 for 30 minutes, and 3.20 for the first hour. How can they justify that? Other Multistories are a lot cheaper - some are nearly half the price!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I noticed that. I normally park in Paul street. Nice wide spaces too...;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It is ridiculous. An absolute disgrace. It was a rip off at €2.80 an hour. Roches Stores, probably the most popular cark park in the city, is only €2.20 an hour afaik.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Didnt realise it was that much!!

I have a toll tag that works in car parks so it just goes on my monthly bill.
    must pay more attention.....

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I noticed that. I normally park in Paul street. Nice wide spaces too...;)

Yep, they're the job in Paul Street, Q park ones are really narrow. Years ago I used to work in the open air car park across from Q park, it's all different now, back when I was there you'd leave your keys with us, we might have to move 5 or 6 cars (or more if we were really busy) to let cars out, great summer job for a young chap.

Q park can stick the €3.20/hour up their arse, I got the bus into town one Saturday a few weeks back, lot to be said for not having a car in town at time, didn't get the bus in years before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

pfft the old PJ O' Hea Opel garage is 1.20 per hour to park. Usually full though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

crazy expenive alright but they have location on their side, dead central and all.
    I prefer St. Finbarr's, a 5 minute walk to Grand Parade and a lot cheaper.
    Personally if I didn't need to get bulky items etc I'd get the bus or park and ride into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

North main street car park ftw, cheaper than a parking disc, €1.50/hr.
    (Edit: gone to €1.70, seems they're all gone up - http://parking.corkcity.ie/ recession eh :rolleyes:)

That's assuming of course you're not too lazy to an extra 100 meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

babo9 wrote: »
    (Edit: gone to €1.70, seems they're all gone up - http://parking.corkcity.ie/ recession eh :rolleyes:)

Seems to be the Green party at fault, they made Car Parks start charging VAT a while back, hence all the prices went up. Gormley again.

I normally park in North Main Street too, very handy, but I had to use Cuneen's the other day, thought popping into the GP would be the easiest, and for parking for 35 minutes, I'd a bill approaching 4 Euro. Screw this painting cars for a living lark, I'm going to open a car park!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

. Screw this painting cars for a living lark, I'm going to open a car park!

you've seen what people to to their cars in car parks.
    do both - you'll make a mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

deRanged wrote: »
    Screw this painting cars for a living lark, I'm going to open a car park!
    you've seen what people to to their cars in car parks.
    do both - you'll make a mint.

Just about to say it, the car parks keep you in business :D
    Just make sure the carpark you open has reallly tight spaces and is full of Paintdoctor advertisements :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement