Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on time management

• 23-09-2010 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Just wondering how long on average its taking people to do homework this year, including learning homework.
    Im a bit worried because I do two hours of evening study every evening, then about an hour and a half of studying and trying to learn what we did that day. I just dont see where I'll be able to fit in time for revision, which I abdly need as Im behind in biology.
    Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Homework takes me about two and a half hours, at which stage I'm jaded. I study for an hour before school and it really seems to be working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Just wondering how long on average its taking people to do homework this year, including learning homework.
    Im a bit worried because I do two hours of evening study every evening, then about an hour and a half of studying and trying to learn what we did that day. I just dont see where I'll be able to fit in time for revision, which I abdly need as Im behind in biology.
    Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

I'm about the same. You gotta remember homework and the extra study you do after it, count as revision. The weekend is your friend if you want time to look over things from earlier. An hour or 2 a day will do ya. Depending on what points your going for. What year are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭hatethisfeeling

Jaafa wrote: »
    I'm about the same. You gotta remember homework and the extra study you do after it, count as revision. The weekend is your friend if you want time to look over things from earlier. An hour or 2 a day will do ya. Depending on what points your going for. What year are you in?

6th...I ust really dont wanna fall behind like I did last year...Im after 500+ but feels like I havnt a hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

With that amount of work you'll get 500+ no problem. I bet when your first tests come around you'll be surprised how much you remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

You're doing loads of work,so don't panic. Could you try getting all your homework done in the 2 hours school study, come home and do (the exceedingly important) looking through the things you did that day at home for about an hour, and then either doing another hours revision (one subject per day) after that or get up an hour earlier in the morning and do it then. That way your finished always at about 7/8 o'clock.

I would also consider looking over what you did that day to be revision. You don't want to go insane really early in the year and then be wrecked, you know, slow and steady wins the race! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Im repeating in a different college.
    Ive found it hard to get down to it ,what with travel etc Im knackered when I get home. So Im gonna try and sort a system soon...:eek:

Advertisement