Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Halo Reach servers down

• 23-09-2010 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

...AGAIN

RabbleRabbleRabble :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I'm having fairly big issues in the evening with the Halo servers TBH. Bit of a disgrace seeing as the number just showed that MW2 had more activity on Live and ran pretty smooth its first week (well smooth'ish anyway)

Most of my friends have had issues since the launch. Getting booted from games during host migration in big team battle is the main one. People being booted during Firefight. Game locking up when people leave matches etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Those figures are wrong RAIN.
    Major Neilson admitted they f****d up.
    A "manual reporting error"

Bungie have reported 65% more use of Reach than Halo 3 in the first week and Halo 3 held the Xbox live record, therefore Reach is way ahead of the rest.

Even though Halo: Reach wasn’t even out for a full week as of this past Sunday, our latest and greatest game still racked up some mighty impressive numbers. While we’re not privy to the methodologies and data used to compile the Xbox LIVE Activity reports published to Major Nelson’s blog this morning, we do know that last week’s numbers were well off the mark due to what’s now being called a “manual reporting error.”

Fortunately for us, our online team tracks every single aspect of Halo: Reach right down to shots fired, and our own internal data tells a very different story. To help put launch week into a little more perspective, we’ve prepared a handful of stats to compare and contrast Halo: Reach against our stalwart online juggernaut, Halo 3.
    • On Tuesday, 09/14/2010 at approximately 1:30 pm PST, just a few hours after launch, Halo: Reach’s online unique user count had already completely eclipsed Halo 3’s total tally for the entirety of the week (09/13 through 09/20).
    • To account for the same number of online players found in Halo: Reach during that same window (just six days), we had to run the numbers for Halo 3 going all the way back to 8/6/2010, encompassing a full 45 days of Halo 3 play!
    • Ultimately, Halo: Reach’s online population for the first week dwarfed Halo 3’s by comparison, snagging four times the number of total unique users and decimating Halo 3’s all time high of concurrent users by more than 65%.
    And here are some more Halo: Reach specific numbers from week-one that are just all kinds of kick ass in their own right:
    • 70 Million+ Games have been played
    • 235 Million+ Player-Games have been played
    • 2 Million+ Files have been uploaded to File Shares
    • 5,901 man-years have been spent in online Reach games (sorry, Corporate America!)
    • 20 Million Daily challenges have been completed
    • 709,840 Weekly challenges have been completed
    • 165 Billion Credits have been earned
    To say we’re grateful for your continued support would be an understatement. Our sources tell us that we’ve been the number one title on Xbox LIVE for the last seven days. You complete us.

Thanks a million for playing Halo: Reach. (Halo 3, too!). We’ll see you online.

Personally I've not had one problem with Reach.
    Never had an issue.
    And I've played every night bar last night for most of the night!

I take it that both of ye have checked your personal settings?
    I'm not at home at the moment, but if this is ongoing as both of ye suggest, it's not that way for everyone else.

Yeah I have changed my settings to search for best connection type. My Nat is open and my pings are below 40.

During the off times everyone in my friends list who was playing it was back at the main menu at the same time I was and also I have friends in the UK having similar issues. If I switch to Bad Company it works fine, when I was experiencing issues I switched to Halo 3 and it seemed fine also. My mistake about the numbers, I saw them on Bungie.net and assumed they were just the same as Major Nelson's blog numbers.

I will say that when I switched to 'search for best connection' I did see a massive improvement over the night before.

Just wondering are you not being brought to the host migration screen during big battles a lot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I think it's happened three times, but never while I was hosting myself.
    I am lucky to have a rock solid connection.
    My average ping would be 10/15MS.

Are you connecting wireless or via cable?
    I have the new slim, but I connect via ethernet?

I think it's happened three times, but never while I was hosting myself.
    I am lucky to have a rock solid connection.
    My average ping would be 10/15MS.

Are you connecting wireless or via cable?
    I have the new slim, but I connect via ethernet?

Using wireless. UPC is my provider. I would only love to blame them but like I said works fine with other games and my ps3. Also having a few issues with parties in the last week. friends being booted from parties/ not being able to hear people sometimes. I'm just a bit irked because the matchmaking was slow in Halo 3 but I had none of these other issues. Now the matchmaking is unbelievably fast but I'm having different ones. Not stopping my enjoyment of the game though, just a bit inconvenient when playing with a group of friends. Now that I'm writing this I notice that when I play with myself(ahem) its usually fine.......maybe theres a clue in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Those figures are wrong RAIN.
    Major Neilson admitted they f****d up.
    A "manual reporting error"

Bungie have reported 65% more use of Reach than Halo 3 in the first week and Halo 3 held the Xbox live record, therefore Reach is way ahead of the rest.

Personally I've not had one problem with Reach.
    Never had an issue.
    And I've played every night bar last night for most of the night!

I take it that both of ye have checked your personal settings?
    I'm not at home at the moment, but if this is ongoing as both of ye suggest, it's not that way for everyone else.

It's happened me twice or three times, and affected my friends in the UK as well. It's funny, because other Irish and UK friends can be in games at the same time. I guess it just hits a quota, and won't let anyone else in for a couple of minutes or something. Both times have been after I've switched over from Campaign. Once you're in Matchmaking, it seems to be grand

Actually, one time the servers weren't available for any game mode after we jumped back to the lobby, post-game. The friends in my party saw it, too :/

It's not my connection, the servers are just a bit dodge at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

never had an issue with this

and whoa thats a lot of people and games

Advertisement