Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Xperia Phone in Ennis

• 23-09-2010 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

I lost my Sony Ericsson Xperia in Ennis on Friday night. If anyone came upon it, or knows somebody who did, I am offering a reward to get it back. I've blacklisted it so its of no use to anyone but me. Substantial reward to have it returned as I need it back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭banner gal

did you try ring the garda station in ennis? good luck with the search

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭i.need.a.job

yep tried there & the nightclub & everywhere really.. annoying thing is now its just thrown in some ones drawer or somewhere because its black listed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Nice phone, hope you find it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

This is why I have an old 6290 or whatever its called. Dropped it in the pub a few times and it was always on the floor where I left it hours later. People rob new phones just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I know this won't help ye now, but...

In the future, and for anyone else out there who might have a smart phone, there are a couple good apps to install on yer phone that will help with this very problem.

First, if you have a Windows based smartphone you can get PREY (preyproject.com). It also works on laptops. It is feckin brilliant. It quietly 'phones home' to a website to keep track of where it is using WiFi or GPS. If you go to the website and report it missing it will let you know exactly where your device is. If there is a camera on the device it will start taking pictures every five minutes and sending them to you along with a link to Google maps showing you where it is. It's amazing.

For people with other types of smart phones (like Symbian devices) you can get F-Secure Anti-Theft for free. If someone changes the SIM, it immediately txts you the new SIM number (to your home land-line or secondary number you set). You can remotely lock the phone by txting a code to it, or have it automatically go online and again using GPS or WiFi tell you exactly where it is.

Again, not much help now, but these free anti-theft packages are a must. They are easy to install and well worth it sure. Plus, you can quietly track down your device and find the bastards who robbed it sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭i.need.a.job

would you believe i had a tracker app on my phone which i normally turn on when im going out.. never turned it on that night :( typical

Advertisement