Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Towers of Midnight - Prologue (Spoiler tags inside)

Options
  • 23-09-2010 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Anyone managed to read this yet?. It was released this week however can't seem to buy it in EU, and I haven't managed to 'find' it elsewhere yet....

Have found a few synopsis however, and the most amazing, brilliant thing that has happened is (SERIOUSLY don't read this if you want to avoid a big surprise):
    Graendal is alive!! She slipped out of the castle before it was balefired - she got Aran'Gar to do the compulsion (Aran'Gar was balefired in the castle hence Rand mistakenly thinking he got Graendal). And now is MEGA pissed at Nyn for unravelling it, and seems hell bent on killing her.....

Shaping up to be a brilliant book......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

I have never looked forward to a book as much as i do this one, cant wait, so tempted to read the spoiler but i can't, won't, must not....

looked at the last 2 words, arghhhhhhhh....even more tempted.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm really looking forward to as well since the excellent book last year. Sanderson really has brough this series back to life. Avoiding the spoiler as well.

The last book blew me away, i was losing interest in the series and was just reading to see what happens in the end but after the last one i am considering reading them all again! Back to the good old days of Paaider Fain and riding cross country in hay wagons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Guill wrote: »
    looked at the last 2 words, arghhhhhhhh....even more tempted.

Doooo eeeeeeeeettt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yeah Wheel of Time equals the best fantasy series.
    Okay try this if you wanna read prolouge.
    Go to Amazon kindle.com set up account but put in your address as some american hotel but use your real payment details.
    Or if you have an account with amazon go to change address and the same as above. Then download and read and enjoy. When finished change it back.

Two grat point of views in it. One of them made to laught out loud. Also try Brandon Sandersons site and read an Mat sample chapter, its good and Mat is once again funny. Also it looks like there may be trouble ahead for him.

Does anyone use the Dragonmount fan site?

ArthurG wrote: »
    Doooo eeeeeeeeettt

Done, i am weak , i read it, not shocked though.

Anyone else think thie series would make an epic rpg? or am i the only one...

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

Tor have posted the first chapter on their blog here. I defy any WoT fan not to get a lump in their throat on reading that chapter...

There is also a later chapter up on Sanderson's website featuring
    our favourite trickster
    , which was revealed as part of a teaser game on his book tour.

Advertisement