Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Quotes?

Options
  • 23-09-2010 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.. but

Last month I rang Dell asking for a repair, they quoted me €170 for a 3 year warranty and to get it fixed. I rang yesterday, now its €282 for a 2 year warranty and to get it fixed. They seem to make up their quotes on the spot after talking to a "supervisor". Is there anything wrong with this business-wise or is it just how Dell operate?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

diddley wrote: »
    Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.. but

Last month I rang Dell asking for a repair, they quoted me €170 for a 3 year warranty and to get it fixed. I rang yesterday, now its €282 for a 2 year warranty and to get it fixed. They seem to make up their quotes on the spot after talking to a "supervisor". Is there anything wrong with this business-wise or is it just how Dell operate?
    what are you looking for the repair for? would it be covered by your statutory rights? and yes each time you ring dell in india you will get a different agent who will give a different quote most will be far above the actual cost imo

Advertisement