Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crisp Sambo

Options
  • 23-09-2010 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

Ya can't beat a crisp Sambo, I usually have just Cheese and onion, real butter and white bread. Sometimes Salt and Vinegar.

What else do you put in a crisp sambo? ham??? cheese??? JAM :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

This thread may interest you :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'd MURDER a crisp sandwich after reading the first page of that thread! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I know, tis dangerous lol

Love a salt & vinegar crisp sandwich myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Lidi's roast chicken flavour crisps in a sandwich is yummy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Tayto smokey bacon crisp sandwich......:pac::pac::pac:

Feckin lubberly with a mug-a-tae.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

It has to be King Crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

m&s malted salt and vinegar and egg mayo sandwich is a regular for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Tayto sambo on fresh turnover with a burnt crust and topped with easi singles served with a big strong cup of tea.

Jaysus i'd love one now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It has to be cheese and onion flavour, on brown bread with mayo. All washed down with a nice cup of tea. I'd love one now, cheers OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Ham & cheese sandwich on white bread with butter & a packet of King or Tayto C&O.
    Jaysus - I'd murder for one of these now, but all they have here in Switzerland are those poxy paprika-flavoured crisps & 'plain'. Bleurgh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Why did I only see this now? For me: white bread, lots of butter and either salt and vinegar or cheese and onion Tayto's.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I like thicker crinkle cut crisps with mayo, and sometimes grated cheese on it too. I usually just do one slice at a time, and fold it over so it doesnt all fall out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Just had 2 ham sandwiches on white bread with butter and a packet of Hunky Dorys' Buffalo flavour crisps. Oh yesssss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Davexirl

star-pants wrote: »
    This thread may interest you :)

WHHHAAAEEYYY THANKS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I love a hunky dory cheese and onion sambo with cheese on one side and ketchup on the other (dont knock it .....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I tried a slice of ham and cheese and onion crisps last night, lovely it was. Don't know if I'm ready to try tomatoes sauce yet but I might drunk :D if i remember ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

maybe I can get walkers to do it as their next weird flavour promos :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Forgot about peanut butter, goes really well with crisps.

Also people should be careful of the term sambo, last thing you want to do is be in the UK and ask for a sambo from a big black dude, you might get a fist sandwich!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambo_(racial_term)
    Sambo is a racial term for a person with mixed Amerindian and African heritage (see zambo) and can also be used less specifically for a black person in the United States and the United Kingdom. It is considered a racial slur.

I only heard this a year or so ago in some thread here, and they did cause offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Especially if said with the typically irish phrase of "i'd murder a sambo now"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Or to a lesser extent:
    'I would murder and raaaaaaaaaape a big dirty sambo'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

King crisps, Walkers cheese and onion or Ripples sour cream and onion are amazing in a sambo :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

I'm in Canada at the moment. I'd murder a sandwich made from bread that hasn't corn syrup as its 3rd ingredient, stuffed with ham that doesn't have corn syrup as its 3rd ingredient, all topped off with a bag of King Cheese and Onion.

Advertisement