Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel Of Hype; Rebel 2! 9/10/10

Options
  • 23-09-2010 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

ACTION!

The tournament will be held in the XCG in Dublin on the 9th of October and the entry to the tournament will, again, be free. However, casual play will still require a pay in of the standard €5. For those only attending for the tournament and not the casual play, a lower rate may be allowed on the day, as we will still need to cover rental costs.
    Tournament registration will open at 12:00 in the centre, and will close at tournament start (1:30). Casual play after wards will run as long as people are happy to play, before and after the tournament.
    People who arrive after the tournament starts are not guaranteed a place in the tournament but we will try to accommodate them if possible.

Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; Group rounds followed by a double elimination tournament. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played. For the winners and grand final, the matches will be best of 5 (losers final will still be best of 3).

1. All characters are selectable. This includes available DLC characters from the American PSN.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No white track suits please.

11. All glory to the hype dog.

Will You Be Hype? 19 votes

Hell yeah! Bring it on!
    0% 0 votes
    Nah, not this time. PROFOUND SADNESS
    63% 12 votes
    I might be turned to it.
    31% 6 votes
    I'll be there...to play Street Fighter!
    5% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Hype Date is Hype.
    The seeds are as follows from the prior tournament;
    1. Jarvy1
    2. Tsukiko-chan
    3. Ramza
    4. Joe
    5. Voa
    5. GorySnake
    7. Fletcher
    7. Red350
    9. Scavenger XIII
    9. D4rk Onion
    9. Doom
    9. Kiki

Depending on numbers, the seeding will be different; the top 4 will be split, and all others will be split at random in order of placement (ie; both 7s will be placed with the 1st and 2nd and the 5s will be with the 3rd and 4th. In case of ~16 people, no seeds past the 4th will be implemented.)

Depending again on numbers, we will try to have everyone in the double elimination section of the tournament again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'll do my best to be at this. Not even sure if I can make Inferno yet.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hehe, I've a higher seed in BB than in SF :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Shouldn't the date be 09/10/10?

In any case I should be down for this, slowly picking up Mu - roll on PAL release! :D

Shouldn't the date be 09/10/10?

In any case I should be down for this, slowly picking up Mu - roll on PAL release! :D
    *cough**
    I can't imagine what you're talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

i will be there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I'm not gonna make the same mistake I did last time.

Expect me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Waiting on shifts, will be there if I can.

Will also do my best to emulate chopper style hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

All this tourney needs is some godlike launch to punch.

I'll be there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Speed Boat wrote: »
    All this tourney needs is some godlike launch to punch.

I'll be there.

I'll gonna divide your oblivion.

Yeah, I went there.

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Hehe, I've a higher seed in BB than in SF :D

The important thing is, we've all got a higher seeding than Xinkai. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Doubt that'll last, he's been doing some wild hardcore practising for a guy losing interest in the scene. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

This is the thread of the day :)

Orim wrote: »
    This is the thread of the day :)

Is it?

Young Doctors are still facing the dole here.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

I should hopefully be free to pop down and have a crack at the tourney.

Quick question about the grand finals - is it just a single best out of 5 match, or will the player coming from the lower bracket need to win two of these (to account for the fact that the player from upper bracket hasn't lost a match yet)?

Vyze wrote: »
    I should hopefully be free to pop down and have a crack at the tourney.

Quick question about the grand finals - is it just a single best out of 5 match, or will the player coming from the lower bracket need to win two of these (to account for the fact that the player from upper bracket hasn't lost a match yet)?

I don't think it's too presumptious for me to say that loser will have to win twice. It's the way we always do it.

Yeah, loser coming to the Final's will need to reset by winning twice, while the one coming in from winner's will only need win once.

Good stuff! :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hotaru already made this joke to me yesterday. I laughed :D

Also, whoop for thread of the day. That great DeVore in the sky must like us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

LMAO
    and
    patricks reaction
    lmao.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I will come to cleanse the tournament in the fires of destruction...
    ... if you know what I mean

Ramza wrote: »
    I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I will come to cleanse the tournament in the fires of destruction...

I like how Hakumen drops
    "I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world, and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!"
    into every conversation.

I find it funny to imagine him in a shop buying a pint of milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Tsukiko_chan

I'll def be down again that weekend :3 yay for seeding! XD I think this time around i may actually use Makoto more often seeing how I've spent most of my BB playtime since WOH:R1 getting used to her :O I still haven't gotten Tao's taunt loop down but i don't feel i should really keep at it seeing it will be nerfed pretty soon meow :3

Joooooooooooooooooooo~! Makoto mirror match casuals again!! XD

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I'll be there and I'm trading in my Ice Car for some BEEZ.

Is the 5v5 gonna be at this one or is that still being planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

There's a 5v5?

10 Euro on Vyze's team :p

Who's batting for us? Me, Gory, Joe, Voa and Red?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Who's batting for us? Me, Gory, Joe, Voa and Red?
    ;__;

Godspeed.

Advertisement