Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel Of Hype; Rebel 2! 9/10/10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ramza wrote: »
    Who's batting for us? Me, Gory, Joe, Voa and Red?

Surely Xinkai would have to be ahead of Red for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Surely hypebyrne should be on that team? Otherwise where will the hype come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

I'll def be down again that weekend :3 yay for seeding! XD I think this time around i may actually use Makoto more often seeing how I've spent most of my BB playtime since WOH:R1 getting used to her :O I still haven't gotten Tao's taunt loop down but i don't feel i should really keep at it seeing it will be nerfed pretty soon meow :3

Joooooooooooooooooooo~! Makoto mirror match casuals again!! XD

Oh this is gonna be intrestingbiggrin.gif woo more practice with makoto. You know voa is gonna hate me/makoto more since your gonna use her.
    Orim wrote: »
    Surely hypebyrne should be on that team? Otherwise where will the hype come from?

I Agree Hypebyrne will lead us to victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

We barely even have 5 known BB players up north. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Tsukiko_chan

I have mentioned this to vyze and inferis, they seem up for it but we are kinda limited on high-level players. There are only 3 of us who have been to svb and brushed knuckles with the rest of the uk and europe. Outside us 3 there are (from most experienced to least) : Yreval, Scavenger, Zero, Cloudpaul (doesnt like the game). (i think there are probably more people but these are the only ones i can think of atm).

Of course, I'm also slightly glossing over the fact that I remember you guys saying Jervy was from up north as well, so that's a 4person team already :3 we just need a fifth man and we are good to take you guys on XD rawr!

Yay for makoto play! XD Yay for 50% meter 5600-6600 corner combos!
    http://img693.imageshack.us/i/makotoatatatatata.gif/

The Heavens! The Earth! And a million squirrels call to me! Huh? What...they don't?

• Advertisement

Jervy is something of an enigma but I assume he'll appear again to claim his free win. :o

i wouldn't say free now remember he came from loser bracket. don't the north have a lambda,tager,haku,toakaka and including jarvy that would be ragna/bang, for the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Let's not get ahead of ourselves

This is amazing that the BB is kicking off now, my lack of a PS3 for training mode has been killing me slowly lately, but I still think I'll be in good shape for the next tourney. Apart from Voa and Joe the rest of us are not too experienced at the game (afaik), but I'm definitely willing to change that. I think if we really concentrate our resources etc we can become a v good, small and concentrated community of good players. I'm willing to give my 100% and I know a lot others are too ^^

As far as the Northern scene goes, I don't know you guys very well, personally or game related xD (and hopefully in the future that changes) I do know you guys did go to SVB and put us on the map (foreign representation for Ireland now consisting of SFIV, 3rd Strike and BB is very good), which is awesome. As we know we are no slouch as a country!

I really need to learn some matchups though ;_; having no ps3 means I'm screwed there. But the key is for everyone to give it there 120% effort and be the best they can be as a country, we got all the resources and players, let's show them BB is no exception ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Didn't Simon do quite well in Tekken?

Wow I forgot about Tekken ;_;

oops

• Advertisement

Let's not get ahead of ourselves

This is amazing that the BB is kicking off now, my lack of a PS3 for training mode has been killing me slowly lately, but I still think I'll be in good shape for the next tourney. Apart from Voa and Joe the rest of us are not too experienced at the game (afaik), but I'm definitely willing to change that. I think if we really concentrate our resources etc we can become a v good, small and concentrated community of good players. I'm willing to give my 100% and I know a lot others are too ^^

As far as the Northern scene goes, I don't know you guys very well, personally or game related xD (and hopefully in the future that changes) I do know you guys did go to SVB and put us on the map (foreign representation for Ireland now consisting of SFIV, 3rd Strike and BB is very good), which is awesome. As we know we are no slouch as a country!

I really need to learn some matchups though ;_; having no ps3 means I'm screwed there. But the key is for everyone to give it there 120% effort and be the best they can be as a country, we got all the resources and players, let's show them BB is no exception ^_^

Ramza don't belittle yourself, you knock me down to losers remember. (yeah thats how quick you picked up the game O.o) yeah from the looks of things the north does have some strong players.(but then again Gory really picked up the game rather quick and red execution is o.O) >.< that you don't have a ps3 ramza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

And don't be so quick to count me in the running for top places at the mo...
    Lil ill and lil college heavy at the moment, I haven't even had a chance to touch the game in about a full week at this point and you guys are all 10k combos and corner loops.
    And I'm waiting on parts to make my stick bloody usable again...

Voa wrote: »
    And don't be so quick to count me in the running for top places at the mo...
    Lil ill and lil college heavy at the moment, I haven't even had a chance to touch the game in about a full week at this point and you guys are all 10k combos and corner loops.
    And I'm waiting on parts to make my stick bloody usable again...

yeah got college to, lots of work >.< Holly is using makoto alot more, your gonna hate the squirrel more now lol.

chueytoo wrote: »
    Ramza don't belittle yourself, you knock me down to losers remember. (yeah thats how quick you picked up the game O.o) yeah from the looks of things the north does have some strong players.(but then again Gory really picked up the game rather quick and red execution is o.O) >.< that you don't have a ps3 ramza.

Yeah it sucks I don't have a ps3 now D;

I think I can get a loan of one from a friend ^^

I know if I put my mind to it I can learn a game quick ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Orim wrote: »
    Didn't Simon do quite well in Tekken?

Top 16 I believe. He came 4th at Battle of Destiny in 2008 in T5DR, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

(foreign representation for Ireland now consisting of SFIV, 3rd Strike and BB is very good)
    Do keep in mind that for BB at SVB, none of us made it out of groups this time around. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Tsukiko_chan

To be fair though vyze, our groups were pretty harsh. i mean, me and inferis had teruta in ours and tamriel just came out of the blue for us. i cant remember your group well but i think yours had some good players in there too. Just playing in svb lvled me up massively in those opening hours.

I think we are starting to have a decent coverage of characters so far up north:
    tao/makoto (tertiary in Noel/Mu) (tsuki),
    haku/Ragna/Valk (inferis),
    lamda/ragna/tsubaki (trolls rachel&hazama too) (vyze),
    tager (yreval),
    Mu/Noel (scavenger),
    Jin (zero)
    Ragna (paul)
    Bang/Ragna (Jervy).

Since we also don't have a larger range of players up here for BB, choosing lots of secondary and tertiary characters gives us some matchup experience and something to fall back on as needed^^

we are all still learning the game as best as we can, both south and north, playing other people when we can. Me, vyze, inferis, yreval and scavenger play each other on a weekly basis (sometimes twice a week for me and vyze), so that helps. The game will be released in europe soon, isnt it? We should see a greater influx of players after that XD

Too many Ragnas on the dancefloor.

Only release date I've seen is 29th Oct - it better not get delayed beyond that.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

2 Days after RB3. Oh well guys, it's been fun :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

D4RK ONION wrote: »

There's a ranking battle on? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

D4RK ONION wrote: »

*cough* RB3 October 29th *cough*

FAIL.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

To be fair though vyze, our groups were pretty harsh. i mean, me and inferis had teruta in ours and tamriel just came out of the blue for us. i cant remember your group well but i think yours had some good players in there too.
    Aye, I had Grannis (Noel), Final_Ultimata (Ragna) and Goukifafa (Ragna) in my group.

I really think that if I had just put that little bit extra time in training mode beforehand actually remembering the more damaging combos I could've qualified for top 16, maybe make top 8. Those other 3 players all deserved to qualify too, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

We need more Caruru Crover players.

GorySnake wrote: »
    We need more Caruru Crover players.
    *We have Chopper. That's like, a million of any other players.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Voa wrote: »
    *We have Chopper. That's like, a million of any other players.

True. No one can stand up to the power of the Hyper Byrner Beam.

I'm learning a lil something Super Hype, just for Chopper. With any luck, I'll be able to break it out in the tournament proper.

Surprises aloft for the next Wheel

*peers into bag of tricks*

Surprises aloft for the next Wheel

I might start blocking on my wakeup.

People will be so confused they won't know what to do. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fnutkrumpler

Will there be Valk equipped ps3's at this?

• Advertisement

Will there be Valk equipped ps3's at this?
    Yup.

DAT WORLF

Advertisement