Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel Of Hype; Rebel 2! 9/10/10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Had a great day at the wheel of hype. Glad to play more people in blazblue. Looking forward to the next one.
    Xinkai wrote: »
    There's a 5v5?

10 Euro on Vyze's team :p

I should have taken that bet:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Not a bad day for me, all things considered. Beat Jarvy and came reasonably close to stopping the JoeCV.

All credit to Joe and the Southern guys, though: today they showed that they are legit when it comes to BB. This time yesterday I honestly thought the 5v5 was going to be a free win for the North, and I certainly didn't see the South locking down the top three positions. GGs guys.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yreval wrote: »
    Not a bad day for me, all things considered. Beat Jarvy and came reasonably close to stopping the JoeCV.

All credit to Joe and the Southern guys, though: today they showed that they are legit when it comes to BB. This time yesterday I honestly thought the 5v5 was going to be a free win for the North, and I certainly didn't see the South locking down the top three positions. GGs guys.

You're just lucky Chopper didn't play in the 5 v 5. He told me he didn't enter so it could be a fair competition.

Yreval wrote: »

Wish i got to play your tager more since it's completely different to voa's tager.
    You're just lucky Chopper didn't play in the 5 v 5. He told me he didn't enter so it could be a fair competition.

yeah if chopper played, there would be no challenge for us. but then again chooper is to hype to play us >.<

oh yeah Doom i got the videos uploading now. I only need to upload one more vid and i'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

A lot of surprising results today.

Also, squirrels, f**king squirrels. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What's your youtube channel Joe?

Edit: Nevermind, took a guess at www.youtube.com/user/chueytoo and was right!

Second Edit: Make sure you make it into a playlist in the correct order.

All 5 of the matchs for the 5v5 are up. Doom if you want i can dedicate my youtube to just blazblue and you keep yours as ssf4. but if thats the case i need to get the rest of the vids of you.

chueytoo wrote: »
    All 5 of the matchs for the 5v5 are up. Doom if you want i can dedicate my youtube to just blazblue and you keep yours as ssf4. but if thats the case i need to get the rest of the vids of you.

Nah it's all right, I've already started on them, although we could prob do that in future if you'd like.

Grand final, Chuey's reset:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

What can I say, yesterday was a great, great day!

Glad to keep my third place spot, didn't expect to place top 3 at all (no PS3 so have been out of practice for ages)

And I am very happy for Joe, when we first played in top 16 I won, which I felt like he should of (like last Wheel), but he pulled back and managed to take 1st place, so major props to Joe and a well deserved win! Props to Xinkai for taking second and playing v well too ^^

Overall was very pleased and surprised with my performance, couldn't believe I was beating the people I was! :O Now I just need to sit down when the xbox version gets here and learn the matchups!

5v5 was brilliant, Joe showing again he's no slouch. JoeCV all the way yo. Can't wait to see how the scene unfolds in the future, glad to see we're doing very well ^^

Was nice to see/play the Northern peeps as always, I look forward to the next Wheel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Playlist for the JoeCV: http://www.youtube.com/user/chopperbyrne#g/c/054816C9410EBE2C

They're in the proper order, so just click the video on the left and it should autoplay them.

Part two of the final, featuring a certain canine.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

OI! OI YOU SQURRELY BASTARD, I'M ONTO YOU!
    65459038.jpg

GGs all round, though I'm a little embarrassed with my placing in both events. :P

Mad hype at getting JoeCV'd, I gotta get a bit more knowledge on the Makoto matchup and take you down for sure next time around! :D

Vyze wrote: »
    GGs all round, though I'm a little embarrassed with my placing in both events. :P

Mad hype at getting JoeCV'd, I gotta get a bit more knowledge on the Makoto matchup and take you down for sure next time around! :D

Nothing wrong with 5th. Since Holly is playing makoto your gonna get loads of match up experience. us on the hand don't have a lambda to pratice with often.

But yeah Vyse looking forward to playing against you guys again.:)

Looooosers final will go live here shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nothing wrong with 5th. Since Holly is playing makoto your gonna get loads of match up experience. us on the hand don't have a lambda to pratice with often.

But yeah Vyse looking forward to playing against you guys again.:)
    :rolleyes:
    *cough*Xinkai*cough*

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    *cough*Xinkai*cough*

Thats why i said often. Cause he never shows upt to casual.

Looooosers final will go live here shortly.

Ramza the only person to make me not pick Makoto >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Ramza the only person to make me not pick Makoto >.<
    And you and lamba are the only people I HAVE to counter pick*:rolleyes:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    *cough*Xinkai*cough*

That's Street Fighter practice there, Kiki.

i say just stick with your tager. :p

• Advertisement

Once I pick up the squirrel, and I can review the loser's quarter, I'll get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Tsukiko_chan

hey guys,
    I had a lot of fun yesterday ^^ i wish i had more casuals but couldn't be helped. Great job voa, woh:r2 was fun!

joe: Again, i'm gonna learn from your makoto and get better and practice up here. good job winning!

voa: i want to play you more next time i'm down :3 gotta try out your hazama some more

ram-giantkiller-za: good match dude, i really should've picked taokaka from the getgo for you :3 good stuff taking down all of us from winners bracket (me, jarvy and joe. this is correct?)!

doom: thanks for recording matches! I'm gonna fav most of them and just watch joe's matches to figure out how to improve my makoto >:3 Jiiiii~~~~~~~

everyone else i can't remember fully: i had a lot of fun, can't wait to play you all again. also, xinkai, sorry about teasing u at the start regarding lag ^^ nice going for second place! I want to play against you more next time again XD

I'm somewhat annoyed with myself that the combo i practiced for over an hour the night with taokaka before only came out once during the tournament and i didn't even finish it^^ i messed up using her during the tournament, i'm kinda glad i stuck to makoto for most of it. I hate to think she's becoming my main more^^;;

i suppose next time will be more hectic considering the game should be released in the uk soon and more people can practice. that time as well there will prob be one or 2 platinum players and i'm scared, terrified actually, of how many Valk's there will be next time 0.o meow!!

ram-giantkiller-za

+ 1

I like the sound of it!

And very ggs as always, I need to get this on xbox so I can train my matchups and beat everyone :3 :pac:

Or how about "I-Don't-Drop-Combos" Ramza? Seeing as how you pretty much never missed a bloody Haku pickup whenever you got the chance*:D

Voa wrote: »
    Or how about "I-Don't-Drop-Combos" Ramza? Seeing as how you pretty much never missed a bloody Haku pickup whenever you got the chance*:D

Yeah thats so true, he really never drops a combo. Well holly i didn't do anything fancy with makoto, i practice ages trying to get astroid vision B in my corner combo. but i just revert back to my bnb cause i didn't want to fck up :(

That's the thing, when I get the opening I ride it for all the damage it's worth/gettable. Having no console for matchups etc just leaves me with my execution and muscle memory. I had no idea how to get close to Lamda! So when I got a chance I didn't fail my combos, my only saving grace all weekend ;__;

I must train!

Edit ; Just looking at my match vs Xinkai, man oh man, I didn't know wtf to do, everytime that sword from behind hits me I cringe LOL!

Ramza wrote: »
    That's the thing, when I get the opening I ride it for all the damage it's worth/gettable. Having no console for matchups etc just leaves me with my execution and muscle memory. I had no idea how to get close to Lamda! So when I got a chance I didn't fail my combos, my only saving grace all weekend ;__;

I must train!

Edit ; Just looking at my match vs Xinkai, man oh man, I didn't know wtf to do, everytime that sword from behind hits me I cringe LOL!

The blade at the back is an over head so you have to block while standing. yeah it's hard to tell when you never played much against lambda:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Thats why i said often. Cause he never shows up to casual.

I don't have time to deal with you scrubs ;) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

The only disappointment is that Doom didn't start playing THE TOUCH again for the last match of the 5v51.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

So, next 5v5 do I need to up the stakes to €10?

Advertisement