Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone give me advice!?

Options
  • 23-09-2010 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi
    I have just began studying veterinary in the UK but for financial reasons wish to return to ireland and study in ucd instead. I am confident that I have enough points to obtain a place in veterinary next year..

But how? Do I reapply to cao despite having applied last year? Must I pay fees since Ill be dropping out of course after one year (or does this course not count seein as its a uk college and i didnt apply to it through the cao?)

Can anyone give me information - it would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

560 points...
    yeah apply through CAO and i think you have to pay up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

You will be eligible for fees for the first semester. Check out this page and it explains it all.

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/free_tuition.htm

This part especially:
    (c) Students who have attended but have not completed a certificate, diploma or degree or a Level 6, 7 or 8 programme: A student who has attended a third level course within the EU, (EEA, Switzerland) in the past five years, and has not completed the course, will be liable for all fees for the equivalent period that s/he was in attendance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Theres a cut off point of about 3 or 4 weeks in and they wont charge you, I did economics poilitics and law in DCU for 6 weeks and dropped out and wasnt charged fees for first semester.

If you miss the cut off but drop out this semester you will oznly have to pay fees for this semester, drop out after a year and you pay for the year. \

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Theres a cut off point of about 3 or 4 weeks in and they wont charge you, I did economics poilitics and law in DCU for 6 weeks and dropped out and wasnt charged fees for first semester.

If you miss the cut off but drop out this semester you will oznly have to pay fees for this semester, drop out after a year and you pay for the year. \

Registration ends today so there is a strong chance the cut-off point is today.

Advertisement