Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did I download?

Options
  • 23-09-2010 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I was charged over €300 for data charges by my provider but i never use data on my Nokia. Is there anyway I can check to see what I downloaded? There is no new applications on my phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

were you usin the sat nav overseas?? sat nav connects to the internet.
    you have to set it to offline,although i really dont think it would amount
    to that much,even with hard usege,

• Registered Users Posts: 11 New View

No there was no international usage

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What phone are you using on what network, what apps have you now?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They cant tell you what you downloaded, just the amount of data you use and when.

What network are you on? Has anything like this happened before? Have you discussed it with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 New View

I have a Nokia E63 on O2, I have no apps on the phone as its just for work. I have been onto them about it and they told me the same thing, only amount of data and cost. I was just hoping there might be some way I could check it on the handset. Check the web browser history but there's nothing there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

New View wrote: »
    I have a Nokia E63 on O2, I have no apps on the phone as its just for work. I have been onto them about it and they told me the same thing, only amount of data and cost. I was just hoping there might be some way I could check it on the handset. Check the web browser history but there's nothing there.

emails?, sat nav? thought you were using wifi and you weren't? It could be anything even someone else using your phone for a bit.

no matter what it was call and query it and offer them 50 euro and get a data add on, you need one with that phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ask your operator when the data was downloaded too.

Advertisement