Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BRNO or CZ

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I had one of these once upon a time, back in the day when I was interested in the straight-pull for a tactical advantage of staying on scope for follow up shots.

The straight-pull action is adequate, but nothing as well thought out or rugged as the Swiss K31.

V05_172.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I had a very old Target .22lr BRNO back in the day.
    It was very heavy, and long. But very accurate.

almost 1 hole groups @ 50yards
    I was not a fan of the CZ's although i could get lynched on here for saying that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

FISMA wrote: »
    I had one of these once upon a time, back in the day when I was interested in the straight-pull for a tactical advantage of staying on scope for follow up shots.

The straight-pull action is adequate, but nothing as well thought out or rugged as the Swiss K31.

V05_172.jpg
    That's a nice looking bit of kit. Simple but nice. Was it as accurate as a bolt action?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

I have this one..Brno zkm 611 .22wmr simi auto recently tried Sellier & Bellot, and WOW did it make a difference to its accuracy

A lot of dealer were selling CZ as BRNO around 1999.

I do believe the Older BRNO was far superior to CZ.
    Not sure about the modern ones though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Kay_9,
    She looks auto, however, it is a bolt action. The action goes straight back and forth. The handle cannot be rotated away from the stock.

The bolt was a bit complicated.

For a 22lr, she was grand. Wasn't into target shooting back then. Just happy to shoot some cans and hear some noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

HArd to beat a bit of plinking:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I found the straight action Brno (back in 1999 as it happens, Ardee were supplying them) to be awkward, clumsy and not particularly good value compared to the equivalent CZ.
    I'd take either a bolt or semi CZ over one any day.

Always had a soft spot for the CZ ZKM511.

I'd agree on the older Brno No.2s superiority compared to the CZ452, better machining & better materials, generally speaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭SpringerF

I have a very nice BRNO .22 Hornet.
    It has accounted for many foxs.

It must be about 30 years old now, I bought it new and its like new today.

A nice gun

SpringerF wrote: »

A nice gun

Would you post a pic, a guy I knew had one for years.
    He is dead now, but it would be nice to have a pic of a stereotypical foxer of the late 70's to late 90's era.

• Advertisement

I have contacted the IT Dept. here as per your request.
    They assure me it will be done in a minute.

Find yourself a chair and a very interesting book because I heard that reply before.

I have contacted the IT Dept. here as per your request.
    They assure me it will be done in a minute.

Find yourself a chair and a very interesting book because I heard that reply before.

???
    You have me totally lost mate??

???
    You have me totally lost mate??

In short I dont have a friggin clue how to do anything with these computers and am totally reliant on others to do things for me.

In short I dont have a friggin clue how to do anything with these computers and am totally reliant on others to do things for me.

Ok.
    Hmmm how to explain how to do it.
    My Dad a recent pensioner I often have to do same.

If you have anyone with a camera phone, take a pic.
    Then look at the pic, if you click on the pic you will get a few options.
    One of them will be send.
    When you click on send, you will get a few more options, send via message or via email.

E-mail it to your e-mail address, then you have it on your comp.
    This is not the only way for this to work, but it is the easiest if you don't have a digital camera yourself.

so now you have an e-mail with an image.
    double click on the image and you will get a few options, one of them will be save.

When on boards and you are replying to a message you see several icons on the screen above your text box.
    double AA, sizes, A with a black bar under it, smilie face, and finally an icon like a paper clip.

Click on this icon.
    You will see a pop-up box
    You get the option choose file, click on this.
    You will get a number of options

click on recently changed, the most recent item will be the image you have just uploaded. click on it and then click on the option upload.
    When it uploads, click the option called close.
    Then click reply to mail
    And hopefully you have attached a link to an image.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

My father has a CZ 550 yet refuses to call it any thing but a Bruno! :rolleyes:

Myself find the new CZ's a very high quality rifle! And I can't be called Bias anymore because I bought a remington today!:eek::eek::eek:

Got a 700 sps stainless in .22-250 and I'm picking it up tomorrow after work!:D

patsat wrote: »
    My father has a CZ 550 yet refuses to call it any thing but a Bruno! :rolleyes:

Myself find the new CZ's a very high quality rifle! And I can't be called Bias anymore because I bought a remington today!:eek::eek::eek:

Got a 700 sps stainless in .22-250 and I'm picking it up tomorrow after work!:D
    Well done P.
    I can see you going 6XC you have the Ultimate platform ;)

I had a BRNO never a CZ.
    I do not like CZ however i accept they are great value for money.

i just like remington or sako more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

I'm going to end with either a 7mm-08 or .308, I got a .22-250 as they have the same bolt face.

The only part of the gun that will survive will be the action, everything else will be upgraded! I'll have fun with the .22-250 first tho!

patsat wrote: »
    I'm going to end with either a 7mm-08 or .308, I got a .22-250 as they have the same bolt face.

The only part of the gun that will survive will be the action, everything else will be upgraded! I'll have fun with the .22-250 first tho!

That you will, That you will.

For deer the 7mm-08 is supposed to be deadly as you get flatter shooting but still most of the knock down power of .308

Welcome to Remington Country
    34-1413_Remington_Tin_Sign_Est_1816.jpg

A nice gun

Would you ever think of giving her one of these?
    0853-sml.jpg

Advertisement