Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Fear

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't have any crippling or irrational fears as far as I know. I don't like heights they do scare me but that's a perfectly normal fear to have and it doesn't stop me from being up high.

I'm certainly not afraid of any other animals, I take being at the top of the food chain seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

I don't like winged things that fly at you - moths, butterflys that sort of thing.
    I also hold a special fear of vampires, can't even watch ads on the telly or I'll have nightmares for weeks. The bstards love sitting on my windowsill....I know they'll get me one day :eek:

I do like spiders though, we have a pet one called Sid that lives under the sink, she's been there since before the snow last year and we feed her every now and again. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Not if she has a BAPTISM OF FIRE!

Could be worse still.

What if she don't go to heaven where the angels fly /Go to a lake of fire and...drown ? That wouldn't be nice now would it?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

bluewolf wrote: »
    Being fully paralysed but still aware :(

Johnny Got His Gun (1971)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

anniehoo wrote: »
    Public speaking scares the sh!t outta me. I can chat away all day long to anyone and everyone but having to get up in front of a crowd of people and read something out loud. :eek: Irrational fear from school...never got over it.

I have to do that in front of a load of senior management at work soon :eek:. Practicing like hell so I don't make a t1t of myself, but am still sh1tting a brick.

I'm also afraid of Eastenders. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Afraid of clowns. They are creepy things! I will never watch 'It'. I'm wary of Tim Curry because he played It.
    Terrified of public speaking. I have to do a presentation on my thesis proposal in November in front of my class and lecturers and I'm crapping a brick already over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

umm butterflys and getting ran over by a car and flying spiders and fish and clowns :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Once I hear the wumph-wumph-wumph of mothwings I will not rest until I have exterminated the mofo. No idea why. Other critters dont bother me...

- Foxt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

fear makes me feel alive which is a good thing i like it... increases your reactions. adrenalin rush....:cool:
    Puts you on your game.

The trick is to use it in a proactive manor to suit the situation.
    Being able to control fear is a very very satisfactory feeling :D

When it started out it was just a little bedsit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

shemale's woow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Enclosed spaces
    Being buried alive
    Clowns (especially clowns that look like Pennywise from IT. It's a class film, and book nevertheless)
    Sarah Palin
    Public Transport (thankgod I have a car to get around)
    Scary mad, and psychotic people weilding knives or guns
    Wasps (I don't hate them though, just scared of them)
    Great White Sharks
    Fear of failure
    Heights (especially with no railings)
    Public speaking
    Lions
    Big crowds of people
    Crocidiles/Aligators
    Commercial Pop music
    Tigers

I also must be one of the few people here who is not in the least bit scared of spiders. I'd happily let on crawl on my hands, or up my arm a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Landmines, taking my sight, taking my speech, taking my hearing, taking my arms, taking my legs, taking my soul and leaving me with life in hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Landmines, taking my sight, taking my speech, taking my hearing, taking my arms, taking my legs, taking my soul and leaving me with life in hell

One!!! I love the song and the movie! And the book for that matter.

But being paralyzed terrifies me. And the Human Centipede movie. That was very scary and I only watched the trailer.
    I'm afraid there is no place for me sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I have an irational fear of the foamy stuff stuff they use in flower arangements (my mam used to do it )

freaks me out....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

And the Human Centipede movie

Wait till you see it ,I wouldn't mind being the bloke at the front..Id be begging for curry and pints of guinness;)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

And the Human Centipede movie.

It is the date rape drug, rohypnol!

You should watch it just to hear that line from the surgeon. What passion, what a man :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Being pushed off a platform onto the line at a metro stop. Every time I'm at one I think how easy it would be for someone to push me off...and I wouldn't be able to get back up.

Also, balloons. Don't ask :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Tryst

I'm afraid of failure, i'm afraid that i will never live up to the expectations others have of me and my own expectations. i'm terrififed of failing my college course and i've only barely begun it. failing in this is the worst thing that could happen to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

The edges of cardboard rubbing off my fingernail...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Indwelling urinary catheter inserted through the urethra ,and I'm not taking the píss. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Afraid of doing something wrong!!

I'm serious I can't stand it. I freeze completely and I then can't stop thinking about exactly where I went wrong and how I could of avoided it and all :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The fear of fear.

I'm afraid of being afraid. So much so that it has ruined my life, and I've spend the past 6 years making inane and insane posts in AH.

Agoraphobia* is not pleasant.

*Redefined from a fear of open spaces.
    http://anxiety-panic.com/dictionary/en-dicta.htm

Also, clowns.
    When I was 11 or 12 a clown gave me a few boots up the arse after catching me bunking into a circus. Haven't been to a circus since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

The fear of being left behind - I'm overly nostalgic, constantly missing the past, I'd be afraid of waking up one morning to realise everybody else had moved on with their lives, gone with the flow while I sit bobbing in the same waters.

That and being stabbed in the back before subsequently falling back onto the knife

Advertisement