Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco in kilkenny?

Options
  • 23-09-2010 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭

A bit of an odd one, but is there a tesco store in kilkenny?I usually shop in Waterford but as I have to go up there tomorrow, I dont want to have to come back down.I know I can use other shops ok, but I dont like Dunnes stores in Mcdonagh junction centre as the underground car park is a pain and it cost me 2.60.The girl at the checkout asked if I had the carpark ticket and she made a mark on it.It did say at the checkout that its free if you spend over a certain amount, but I was too embarrassed to ask:o.Anyway failing that is there another store that does not have an underground carpark.I am a bit picky about the items I shop for, hence mainly tesco.I also have the vouchers to give too:p

Sorry should have said I live in the south of the county

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

No tesco at all in kilkenny unfortunatly. You could go to the dunnes in town, the car park there is not underground, but you have to pay for parking redgardless if you shop in dunnes or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

As you probably guessed, I am not all that familiar with kilkenny:rolleyes:.So there is another one of Dunnes there too? Yeah most places do charge right enough, but I thought 2.60 was bit steep for just over an hour.I am a bit spoiled TBH as there are a few places in Waterford that are free.Any other place?I know just about to get to John street (a bit conjested TBH) , hebron, the parade, the above mentioned place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

jimmyw wrote: »
    A bit of an odd one, but is there a tesco store in kilkenny?I usually shop in Waterford but as I have to go up there tomorrow, I dont want to have to come back down.I know I can use other shops ok, but I dont like Dunnes stores in Mcdonagh junction centre as the underground car park is a pain and it cost me 2.60.The girl at the checkout asked if I had the carpark ticket and she made a mark on it.It did say at the checkout that its free if you spend over a certain amount, but I was too embarrassed to ask:o.Anyway failing that is there another store that does not have an underground carpark.I am a bit picky about the items I shop for, hence mainly tesco.I also have the vouchers to give too:p

Sorry should have said I live in the south of the county

You get the first hour free in MacDonagh Junction if you shop in Dunnes. What they do is take the price of the hour off the cost of your shopping. They mark it so that you can't go back in again and get another free hour and also for their records.

ETA: They are both just off the Waterford Road into town.

Supervalue in Loughboy and Lidls both have open car parks and no charge either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

There's no Tesco in Kilkenny because of vested interests in development and what have you, so instead we have a selection of Dunne's Stores to choose from.

If you know how to get to John St, drive down the street from the lights for about two leagues until you reach John's bridge and turn down the road to the right by Tynan's bar (keeping the river on your right) and you'll see the dunne's carpark on the left after approximately one furlong.

The barriers are about four cubits high so unless you're driving a DeLorean or your car is able to limbo dance you'll have to pay but it's way cheaper than McDickhead Junction and actually free after certain times in the evening.

Or you could go to Lidl and shop with the proles.

You get the first hour free in MacDonagh Junction if you shop in Dunnes. What they do is take the price of the hour off the cost of your shopping. They mark it so that you can't go back in again and get another free hour and also for their records.

ETA: They are both just off the Waterford Road into town.

Supervalue in Loughboy and Lidls both have open car parks and no charge either.

Ah thats what it was, I didnt understand.I can be a bit thick at times:rolleyes:.By the way I am not knocking the city, the blaas city is not perfect either.That's great guys, thanks a million.I know you have to pay everyhere you go now, its a fact of life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Isn't Dunnes parking in town free after 18h00?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Nah it's definitely later than that, could be seven or eight... or 19H00 or 20H00 as you'd say yourself.

(Greenwich Mean Time).

Isn't Dunnes parking in town free after 18h00?

Would not be in the city after that time

Did ye not see a black car going the wrong way up a one way street today, and the queue of cars behind me;).That was me:D

Na only joking I managed my way around alright, cheers!!
    Oh just to be a little off topic, but why cant the council or whoever is responsible for the motor tax office to put a big sign at the entrance going into county hall in John Street. Someone could easily miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

fabbydabby wrote: »
    There's no Tesco in Kilkenny because of vested interests in development and what have you, so instead we have a selection of Dunne's Stores to choose from.

If you know how to get to John St, drive down the street from the lights for about two leagues until you reach John's bridge and turn down the road to the right by Tynan's bar (keeping the river on your right) and you'll see the dunne's carpark on the left after approximately one furlong.

The barriers are about four cubits high so unless you're driving a DeLorean or your car is able to limbo dance you'll have to pay but it's way cheaper than McDickhead Junction and actually free after certain times in the evening.

Or you could go to Lidl and shop with the proles.

What's with the attitude and blatant racism???

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

proles = short for proletariat (lowly citizens in roman times) and should be taken in the context of the post.... though I'm not sure if a furlong was in use in Ancient Rome?

Neither am I to be honest. And a League is a couple of miles so that was totally inaccurate.

158491914a8151447911ml.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Formosa

kkmick wrote: »
    What's with the attitude and blatant racism???

Oh jaysus!!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Nah it's definitely later than that, could be seven or eight... or 19H00 or 20H00 as you'd say yourself.

(Greenwich Mean Time).

Tis free after 6 alright, the barriers may not go up until 7 or so, but you won't be charged if you go in from 6.

Advertisement