Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closure of 'Ballymitty Stores'.

Options
  • 23-09-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭

I have been a customer at Ballymitty Stores for a good few years, it's where I bought most of the materials for building my house. You couldn't find nicer, more helpful,hard working people and they were always cheerful, chatting and joking with ya and being an all-round good bunch of people.
    Now the stores are no more, thanks to people not paying up their accounts, too much money outstanding, business being slow due to the recession, and to my mind, most of all, unsympathetic b(w)ankers.
    You would think it would be in the interest of financial institutions to give businesses like this a little leeway, especially since it's our money that's kept them afloat.
    Not too mention the fact that we now have more people without jobs.
    Ballymitty Stores were a family business, and my heart goes out to them.
    If I won the lotto, I'd happily give Paudie & Breda the money to buy the business back. And I wouldn't bank a cent of it.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

I agree 100% i was heading to Fethard on a job last friday and seen the signs up.
    It will be sorely missed. The one thing I hate is Many a so called jack of all trades who don't pay up their accounts or what they owe.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sam_mom1

they will be missed terribly... such a nice group of people..

Unfortunetly the printers that were in the house next door had to close too for the same reason plus the house was owned by the Kelly family too...

2 closures in one week... breaks my heart..

stupid recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Silent Shrill

How long had the stores been under the same family?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

How long had the stores been under the same family?

About 30 years, started by Paddy Kelly, Padraigs dad.

Very sad to see them closed up.

Advertisement