Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiny sized multi-pack crisps??

Options
  • 23-09-2010 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice that when you buy a six pack of crisps that the bags of crisps inside are always smaller than the single sale bags? I think its quite sneaky.

In tescos at the moment you can get six packs of Krunch (purple & pink coloured packaging) crisps & the packets are tiny compared to the single sale packets. Almost half the size.

Its ridiculous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah this is ridiculous!

They're always SO MUCH smaller. So you're not getting 6 normal packets.

Are they only getting away with this because nobody complains?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah this is ridiculous!

Yeah!:mad:

People should march the streets demanding some sort of investigation...."What do we want?...proper sized multi-pack crisps!, when do we want it?, NOW"!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah!:mad:

People should march the streets demanding some sort of investigation...."What do we want?...proper sized multi-pack crisps!, when do we want it?, NOW"!!

:pac:

I've already got my plackard made!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Yeah this is ridiculous!

It's a free market, you don't need to complain, just choose not to buy the product for the price it sells for if you decide it is not worth it. Buy multiples regular sized bags if it's better value and what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Almost half the size.
    So eat 2? just view them like a fun size bounty or twix
    So you're not getting 6 normal packets.

And you pay nowhere near the price of 6 packs. When I was a kid a 6 pack was the same size, 28g usually, some were 25g. Nowadays the "newsagent size" crisps are far bigger than the old 28g standard. Maybe people like the smaller bags and thats why they changed, the bigger bags are too big for my liking. Always look at the price per kilo when comparing prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's not that these bags are smaller, its that the newsagent bags are bigger.
    They were probably the same size once, but not the newsagent bags have grown to 35-40g instead of 25-28g

Advertisement