Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Wake vs Heavy Rain

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Own both and enjoyed both.

If I had to play one through a second time, I wouldn't hesitate to pick Heavy Rain though.

NO! One time through, which is better!?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Fnz wrote: »
    NO! One time through, which is better!?! :D

Still preferred Heavy Rain. Alan Wake is enjoyable, but I some how found the gameplay far more repetitive in AW than I did in HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Still preferred Heavy Rain. Alan Wake is enjoyable, but I some how found the gameplay far more repetitive in AW than I did in HR.

But...there is no gameplay in Heavy Rain :confused:
    Unless you count twiddling your thumbstick and watching a cutscene 'gameplay'

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

That's gameplay. You may not like it, but lots of people did. Sure Mario is just pressing the right button at the right time when you boil it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Perhaps I should have underlined the words 'some how' in my post.

I understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea, but Alan wake was the very same thing for 6 episodes. I enjoyed Heavy Rain's narrative sufficiently that, by the end, it didn't feel like I was repeating actions because I wanted to know how things ended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Oddly enough, I think Alan Wakes repetative gameplay kind of added to the dread of going through the forest. Because you knew something was about to happen and you really didn't want to have to deal with it, but had no choice but to plunge ahead.

Advertisement