Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

image retrieval

• 24-09-2010 1:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Hi all,need some help if possible. While at my sisters wedding yesterday I gave my nephew a camera and he snapped away all day, filled two 500 mb cards, the first of which, while downloading via picasa 3,well, didn't, the program, although didn't stall,just didn't download in it's normal way.
    I went down for a cuppa, assumed it had did the biz,closed the program in order to put card 2 into the reader ( I find if I leave the program running it's doesn't recognize the card has been changed) Downloaded card 2 with no problems but then went looking for card one's pics and couldn't find them. I then tried to download card 1 again but it said it was empty. Tried another program and put it back in the camera which confirmed it.
    I assuming something happened with the download originally and me quitting the program deleted the card (although Picasa has an option to delete the card when finished downloading,I don't use it) I tried Zero assumption,a retrieval software, but it said the card was empty. Any idea's on how to proceed with this, a more powerful retrieval program perhaps (zero was free trial) someone who does it professionally??
    My Nephew is gutted as I'm sure my sister will be too when she finds out,although not the main pics of the wedding,he did get some good ones.
    Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Firstly DO NOT USE THE CARD.

Then do a search on this forum as this has been asked many times and there are a lot of recommendations on how to get the images back. I would link but am on my phone right now.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

google "imagerescue" - download and use !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Recuva downloadable here free http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download
    Works great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Recuva downloadable here free http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download
    Works great

+1 on Recuva. Does the job and it's free...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Rescuva retrieved images of the last take before the wedding unfortunatly.Looks like whatever happened with picasa removed the images completely.
    I suppose it's the price to pay for using a slow,out of date PC.
    Thanks for the help anyway,gentlemen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I am assuming the card formatted prior to the shoot?
    The fact that it has picked up previous images would suggest to me that the images somehow were not written to the card in the first place. Are you sure they were there?

I would try with some other software rather than just giving up. It's possible that the images have been written to another directory on the card with a corrupt name. i had this a few years ago & some s/w did not find them but another did (can't recall what I used as it was on my old PC and not the Mac) I have also used the free s/w that comes with Sandisk cards once and it worked well.

Advertisement