Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate UCD!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Despite it being one of the newest buildings, Quinn I feel is awful; completely characterless and sterile.

Newstead is terrible altough i do love the timewarp door down by the lift
    LauraLuck wrote: »
    Ive just started UCD and so far im liking the campus.Its great on sunny days by the lake.
    And also where is this secret lake ive been hearing about? i wasnt sure if someone was just messing with me asking me if ive found the secret lake yet.
    :)

Secret lake is easy to find, its kept outdoors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Love it or leave it OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

what i hate the most is travelling to and from the place every morning! And that the accomodation on campus is so bleedin' expensive! And that everything is 18's over :( Oh and how certain lecturers always blab on about how we need to use blackboard ALL THE TIME if we want to pass the module, and then never post lecture notes or anything up there!!!

OH and those people handing out leaflets for crunch fitness! F*CK OFF I dont want to join it!!!

What I like about it: deadly teachers, sound people, and seeing my archaeology teacher being proposed to:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

LUPE wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree. Obviously there's no need to talk about the facilities, but the place has an aura rarely found elsewhere in UCD.
    Character doesn't necessarily come from history or quaintness or peculiarity, and for what it is, a business school, it has exactly the right character in terms of the general sense of ambition and empowerment about the place (even if sometimes it is poserism). Two things which certainly stand out from the general drudgy atmosphere found in many other parts of UCD.

Ive been in Quinn, its a soulless dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

pljudge321 wrote: »

My, what a convincing and persuasive point. I especially like the bit where you elaborated on your opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

pljudge321 wrote: »

The "Dunnes Stores Lecture Theatre" in there always makes me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

Grimes wrote: »
    Any relation to the"Gamesoc is Gay lad"? Your combined level of eloquence would indicate so alternatively "free fees" really lets anyone into college. :p

Lol I'll take that with a pinch of salt. And no, but I have to meet this lad:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

The buildings are nicely lit up at night. It's open plan, easy to cycle around. There are alot of grassy areas to sit out in the summer. TBH op buy a laptop and worry about more pressing matters such as what your course is like and getting to know the people in your lectures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

i like ucd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 karpo

70s layout = Arts Bloc, lake, Admin, Ag-Sci, some of Science, and Library (technically).

That ain't the whole campus mate - and even then if you aren't aware of the huge revamp of Arts and Science then you must be blind.

And why are the women in the library giving out to you :confused: daily??? :confused::confused:

You can't study on the computers downstairs anymore. They're only SUAS. And the Dramasoc guys aren't that loud (and if you're afraid of them stay out of the basement and by god don't go near their breeding ground in the tunnels!!! :eek:)

And I personally like the smell of the Arts block in the morning.

It smells like... victory

You are taking this thread way too seriously mate.

• Advertisement

Breezer wrote: »
    People who whinge about everything. If you hate the place that much, leave.

I actually love my course just hate UCD. So moving colleges would mean extra time and expense. Moaning is cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭louise-x

I hated UCD too, and I did leave.... best decision of my life! (so far)

hatful wrote: »
    The buildings are nicely lit up at night. It's open plan, easy to cycle around. There are alot of grassy areas to sit out in the summer. TBH op buy a laptop and worry about more pressing matters such as what your course is like and getting to know the people in your lectures.

Your points lead me onto a few more hates.I own a laptop but have to down grade to UCD computers when there are no seats available in the library near plug sockets. My course is wonderful, I've had four years to get to know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

louise-x wrote: »
    I hated UCD too, and I did leave.... best decision of my life! (so far)

So you left UCD to go to Clane :confused:

Only joking in case you get all offended :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mossychica

get away from it all and go to the cafe in the sports centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

mossychica wrote: »
    get away from it all and go to the cafe in the sports centre.

Delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

karpo wrote: »
    I hate everything about UCD from the morbidly depressing 70's layout to the irrationally cranky women at the library reception who gives out to me daily to the constant high pitched whaling of attention seekers coming from the drama soc room while trying to study on the computers downstairs to the morning race to get parking to the arts block that smells like hitlers moustache wiped in ****e.

What do you hate most about UCD?
    Ah jaysus get real. You have no responsabilities, are hanging out with yuor friends all day and all night, studying a course you love and can manage to find the little cloud blocking daylight where you stand. Home is the people not the blocks in which they live. I graduated 20 years ago when there was no accomidation and a fraction of the facilities there now. As the saying goes we are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars. But you could be right about the arts block:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Your points lead me onto a few more hates.I own a laptop but have to down grade to UCD computers when there are no seats available in the library near plug sockets. My course is wonderful, I've had four years to get to know it.

Use the Health Sciences Library or the Daedulus or anywhere else with sockets. Even use the Smurfit Library. I know they main library is short of sockets as it was built in the pre-laptop era, but there a few other options open to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Moaning is cheaper.
    Touché :D

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

I loved my undergrad there and I'm back doing a PhD for another 4 year plus! I think you should drop out if you don't like it, you're missing SO MUCH of your youth if you're spending it somewhere you don't like.

I'm not mad about the buildings but I don't dwell on it because my favourite library space looks out at the mountains and my lab has a sea view with all the buildings blocked by trees. :) I like the nature preserve and the orchards. I also really liked the people. I had a small class and we were really close by the end. I've met so many nice new people doing post grad.

I think you should consider moving to a different university. If you drop out now you won't have to pay all the fees. If you were enjoying your course you wouldn't be dwelling on the buildings anyway. Best of luck!

The building work is pissing me off though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

rantyface wrote: »
    I loved my undergrad there and I'm back doing a PhD for another 4 year plus! I think you should drop out if you don't like it, you're missing SO MUCH of your youth if you're spending it somewhere you don't like.

I'm not mad about the buildings but I don't dwell on it because my favourite library space looks out at the mountains and my lab has a sea view with all the buildings blocked by trees. :) I like the nature preserve and the orchards. I also really liked the people. I had a small class and we were really close by the end. I've met so many nice new people doing post grad.

I think you should consider moving to a different university. If you drop out now you won't have to pay all the fees. If you were enjoying your course you wouldn't be dwelling on the buildings anyway. Best of luck!

The building work is pissing me off though.

The orchard is a nice secret alright! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Is the Orchard up near the Clonskeagh gate?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Yep, pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I love most things about UCD but the only thing I hate is the Science hub. The toilets are tiny and Theatre C's wooden benches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

The orchard is a nice secret alright! :)

Holy apples, there's an orchard ... I'm been over a year in UCD and didn't know there was an orchard!!

unknown13 wrote: »
    I love most things about UCD but the only thing I hate is the Science hub. The toilets are tiny and Theatre C's wooden benches.
    and F, D, E, B's wooden benches.

I am only in A and C. Couldn't imagine doing the lecture I have in A in theatre C since it is a 2 hour one.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

Most uncomfortable places on earth to sit down :mad:

unknown13 wrote: »
    I am only in A and C. Couldn't imagine doing the lecture I have in A in theatre C since it is a 2 hour one.

Bring a cushion.

• Advertisement

Bring a cushion.

What is the point. It will do nothing.

Advertisement