Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bins corporation/mr binman

• 24-09-2010 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

hey i know there is an annual fee for the corporation bins but do they send out a sticker to show that iv paid and the bins get collected or do i have to buy bin tags every week that a bin has to go out or how does there system work?
    i know mr binman is an annual fee or monthly and no bin tags..
    im just really confused as i have never used either always had public bins eg with apartments and things..
    just trying to decide which one i should go with..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I don't know about Mr. Binman but with the City Council you get a sticker for each bin after paying and then you also have to get tags. From their website:
    Waterford City Council operates a 3 bin system of refuse collection.

To avail of the service, householders must pay the annual fixed charge and affix the appropriate sticker to your bins to ensure collection.

You are required to separate your household waste into the 3 different bins. Each bin is collected on a 3-week rotation.

# A GREEN bin is provided for dry recyclables. This should be presented with a €4 bin tag.
    # A BROWN bin for food & garden waste. This is bin is collected free of charge.
    # A GREY bin for any other waste. This bin should be presented with an €8 bin tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Mr Binman...you pay say every 6 months, they post the stickers to you next day with the account expiry month on them. You put these stickers on the bins.

After that you can put your grey and green bins out every week, no tags. Brown bin collected every second week.

Advertisement