Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

website message to mobile text message

• 24-09-2010 3:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

Is there a html script or something I can add to a webpage, so that a message entered and sent is directed to my mobile using free texts from vodafone.ie, O2.ie or meteor.ie.

Basically a message box on a webpage, when the submit button is pressed it logs into www.vodaphone.ie , transfers the message into the free txt box and sends it as a free text to a predefined mobile number.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Sam Vimes, who created cabbage (www.cabbagetexter.com) helped me put the same thing on my site: www.VanTasks.ie

If user wants to send their details, they simple write them into the box at the top of the page, press send and they are taken through a script that sends it to me and reports success or failure. I decided to use another number for this just incase any spam bots came to the site and used up all my webtexts :D

So it can be used with any webtext provider, you just need to put your login info into the script (another reason I use a dedicated number for this) and then code it the way you want it to appear on your site.

To be honest, I don't know an awful lot about these things and didn't to much in terms of getting it onto the site, but it works and works well :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

Didn't know about cabbage... is that Open Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm not sure really, I think it might be as there's been apps for iphone, android etc based around it but not built by Sam Vimes himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Thanks a lot everybody, I'll have a go on a mock page later and see how it goes, and yea I will be using a dedicated number/sim for this.

Thanks Again.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement