Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email hosting

Options
  • 24-09-2010 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,
    I developed a website for somebody hosted on surpass.
    I'm using this for hosting their email also.
    They want direct access to manage their email accounts, passwords, etc.
    I'm planning on setting them up with an account on blacknight to allow them to manage their email - is this as simple as registering a minimus hosting package for them, and setting mx records with surpass to point to the new account?
    What's the best way to go about this, and is the hosting package I'm about to buy the best way to allow them to manage their email?

BTW good news that you decided not to close your account on boards - it gives you a lot of credibility even if there's very few posts here at the moment...

J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Setting the MX record to mail.blacknight.com would work - yes

We also have a Hosted Exchange business email solution: http://www.blacknight.com/hosted-exchange.html

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jimbo007

Ok Thanks

When signing up for minimus, what do I do about the domain in this case? Fill in the domain in the "Enter your existing domain name" field, then only change the MX settings afterwards?

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Yes - that would work - you may need to let our helpdesk know what you are doing though ..

Advertisement