Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So when's our Boards Beers USA?

Options
  • 24-09-2010 6:00am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭

After having yet another government-funded trip to Vegas, I've gotten to wondering. There are enough of us out here, surely some form of gathering would be possible?

Obviously, I suggest that it be held in San Francisco.

However, in all reasonableness, if you're going to have a party, how about Vegas? Guns, booze, gambling, and what happens in Vegas....

No huge hurry, but maybe before the end of the year?

Would you be interested in attending a Boards Beers USA? 14 votes

Hell, no. I'd rather stay in a hut in Montana
    0% 0 votes
    Only if it's within driving distance. And a GMC Suburban doesn't go too far
    0% 0 votes
    Lock and load, wherever it is, I'll be there!
    42% 6 votes
    Vegas, Baby! (I'll go that far, but not to any random city)
    21% 3 votes
    Radio Flyer Wagon
    35% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

I don't understand the last option :(

Never the less, I am DOWN!!! I've been feeling like an alcoholic around these Californians, its quite depressing!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I'm not sure that the Atari Jaguar ever made it over here. But what could be more 'American Kid's Toy' than the Radio Flyer Wagon?

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

Im in once I can get a reasonably priced flight/drive from The South. Know what you mean about feeling like an alco. I started a new job and in idle conversation "Do you drink" was asked of me. Can you imagine such a question being asked at home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I'd definitely be up for this.

BUMP!

Where's everyone located? It would be nice to find a neutral place and go for a small weekend break! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

nyc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Boston, but id be up for vegas!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

NOLA but vegas would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

Hell, no. I'd rather stay in a hut in Montana

I actually would rather be in a hut in Montana than where I am now. I'm basically in a version of Montana without the montanas...North Dakota. Still here!

I'm up for this if it's still in the works? I'm kind of an equal distance from everywhere. Cities I can get to in one flight are Vegas, Phoenix, Denver, Minneapolis, Chicago. Since it's baltic here in the winter and I wound't mind thawing out for a day or two, I suppose this is another vote for Vegas/that whole area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

so when we off to vegas so?

• Advertisement

I vote before May, it can be excruciatingly hot in the summer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

San Francisco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Puerto rico? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

Boston, or better yet New Hampshire! I know what you guys mean, I still stick out in a college (party) town....

Of those willing to travel beyond the range of a Suburban, the Vegases have it, so far. Anyone still considering this for 2010? For me it'd be January at the earliest. Back to Ireland in a week.

I couldn't imagine going before the end of the year. And at this time of the year it gets pretty chilly at night, right?

Would Vegas be the right place though? I couldn't imagine meeting you all and trying to get to know people in huge nightclubs and crazy surroundings!

Would Vegas be the right place though? I couldn't imagine meeting you all and trying to get to know people in huge nightclubs and crazy surroundings!

I know what you mean. I voted Vegas mainly because it's easy for me to get to, and I imagine it's easy to get to no matter where you are in the states. But I'd be open to other ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,959 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Excluding Hawaii and Alaska, where is the exact centre of balance for the US? ;)

I guess we're all going to Kansas City... or Iowa. Or somewhere in there.

And what do you mean the government sends you to Vegas?! :pac:

bump? Or did it already happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Khyra24

Is a Boards Beers in New York possible? I'd be up for it :)

Why must everyone be so far away? *sobs*

• Advertisement

Khyra24 wrote: »
    Is a Boards Beers in New York possible? I'd be up for it :)

Why must everyone be so far away? *sobs*

Or Boston would be good.

Boston would be better for me as I live in Rhode Island. :)

Boston would be better for me as I live in Rhode Island. :)

Whereabout, the GF is from that next of the woods (Jamestown)

I'm from Providence :) Is your girlfriend originally from Ireland? :eek: We should have a boards beers in Rhode Island now hehehe

How is it down in New Hampshire? I've never been there but I heard they have tax-free alcohol :D

I'm from Providence :) Is your girlfriend originally from Ireland? :eek: We should have a boards beers in Rhode Island now hehehe

How is it down in New Hampshire? I've never been there but I heard they have tax-free alcohol :D

She is from RI originally. Yeah, the state has the liquor stores, is sooo cheap compared to RI. It is nice, reasonable rural, lotsa living space. building on a 3.2 now!

Darren1o1 wrote: »
    She is from RI originally. Yeah, the state has the liquor stores, is sooo cheap compared to RI. It is nice, reasonable rural, lotsa living space. building on a 3.2 now!

Oh, cool! :) I'm jealous...it sounds like everything is better in New Hampshire. Why am I staying in RI?! lol. I'm glad for you though. :)

So not many people are up for a beers meet huh? :o

Advertisement