Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Ham Away - Match Thread

Options
  • 24-09-2010 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Not sure if Gomes is fit. I assume Kaboul & Charlie are still out, but word has it modric could be back in the frame. Do you play King or keep him for the Twente game mid week ? He will most likely not be risked.

Maybe Carlo Hutton Gooner Bassong BAE Bale Hudd Jenas Lennon VDV Crouch.

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Maybe King can play 3 games in the next 8 days? He did it towards the end of last season, and we have 2 weeks off after the Villa game next weekend. If thats not an option then I'd play him in the 2 league games rather than 1 Champions League game.

I'd go with this line-up tomorrow:

Cudicini/Gomes
    Hutton
    Gallas---King---Assou-Ekotto
    ----Modric--Huddlestone--Jenas----Bale
    van der Vaart

Crouch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

i'd probably replace Gallas with bassong and depending on whether Kaboul is fit or not, stick him in place of Hutton

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

3Share

Harry Redknapp reports that Luka Modric and Vedran Corluka are both fit and back in the frame to face West Ham on Saturday.
    Luka has trained this week after picking up a leg injury at West Brom on September 11.
    Vedran suffered a back problem last week forcing him out of the games against Wolves and Arsenal, but the defender returned to training this morning (Friday, September 24).
    Ledley King and Rafael van der Vaart are also available for selection and Harry admitted he now has decisions to make with what is always a tough test in the Premier League at Upton Park followed by FC Twente in the Champions League at the Lane on Wednesday.
    "Luka is fit to play and could play, so do I take a chance tomorrow (at West Ham) or save him for Wednesday?" said Harry.
    "They are all big games and it's a balancing act at the moment.

"Rafael is fine but Ledley had a little swelling in his knee, so we'll wait and see on him."
    Harry also reported that Benoit Assou-Ekotto picked up a slight knee problem during Wednesday night's Carling Cup tie against Arsenal.
    Meanwhile, goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes is closing in on a return after suffering a groin injury in the first half against Wigan on August 28.
    "He's back in training but just feels he's a little way away," added Harry. "He could be available on Wednesday but Carlo has done great for us, so it's not too much of a problem."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

3Share

Harry Redknapp reports that Luka Modric and Vedran Corluka are both fit and back in the frame to face West Ham on Saturday.
    Luka has trained this week after picking up a leg injury at West Brom on September 11.
    Vedran suffered a back problem last week forcing him out of the games against Wolves and Arsenal, but the defender returned to training this morning (Friday, September 24).
    Ledley King and Rafael van der Vaart are also available for selection and Harry admitted he now has decisions to make with what is always a tough test in the Premier League at Upton Park followed by FC Twente in the Champions League at the Lane on Wednesday.
    "Luka is fit to play and could play, so do I take a chance tomorrow (at West Ham) or save him for Wednesday?" said Harry.
    "They are all big games and it's a balancing act at the moment.

"Rafael is fine but Ledley had a little swelling in his knee, so we'll wait and see on him."
    Harry also reported that Benoit Assou-Ekotto picked up a slight knee problem during Wednesday night's Carling Cup tie against Arsenal.
    Meanwhile, goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes is closing in on a return after suffering a groin injury in the first half against Wigan on August 28.
    "He's back in training but just feels he's a little way away," added Harry. "He could be available on Wednesday but Carlo has done great for us, so it's not too much of a problem."

Ledley wont play so by the sounds of that. Bale at full back probably with Luka ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Just to get you in the mood! Love beating this lot :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Just to get you in the mood! Love beating this lot :D

What a great game that was. Never forget it. I was in a boozer I don't normally go to and there were one or two fellow Yids watching the match. By the end of the game we (complete strangers)were jumping all over the place after Stalteris goal.

As for Saturdays game, we should be too strong for them.
    2-0 Van der Vaart and Bale.

COYS!!!!!!!!!

Anywhere showing the game btw? Would love to watch this derby

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I remember going mental in my sitting room after that game, quiet similar to a few seasons before when Anthony Gardner got a late winner in a 3-2 win at the Lane :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

What a match! I was watching it on the laptop after a very heavy Saturday night and fell asleep at 2 - 0. When I woke up and saw the score I was gutted I missed it!! I still have the whole match stored on this PC and look at the second half every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Cudicini
    Corluka --- King --- Gallas --- BAE
    Huddlestone
    Lennon --- Modric --- Bale
    Van der Vaart
    Crouch

3 days rest should be enough for King I reckon. Very attack-minded but for the second week running our opposition dosen't carry much of an attacking threat. Keep Parker and Cole quiet and all we need is a goal.
    COYS

TEAM NEWS - Harry Redknapp makes 10 changes from Tuesday night's Carling Cup loss against Arsenal. STARTING XI - Cudicini; Hutton, Corluka, Bassong, Bale; Lennon, Jenas, Huddlestone, Modric; Van der vaart; Crouch. SUBS - Pletikosa, Palacios, Sandro, Kranjcar, Giovani, Pavlyuchenko, Keane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Any one got a really good stream? The one I have is only Okay. Not happy with Bale been forced back to left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

the first sopcast link here is pretty decent

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=87092&part=sports

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

marty2002 wrote: »
    the first sopcast link here is pretty decent

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=87092&part=sports

Yea thats the one I'm on atm. Its not freezing or anything, just not great quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Van der Vaart injured??

ffs here we go again

Could be a long day for Charlie and Bassong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Whats the story so far? How are we 1 down?

Whats the story so far? How are we 1 down?

We've been extremely average. Wouldn't be sprised if they got a 2nd. VDV the only danger. Our 2 centre halves dodgy as fcuk.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    We've been extremely average. Wouldn't be sprised if they got a 2nd. VDV the only danger. Our 2 centre halves dodgy as fcuk.

And thats being kind to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

What is wrong with Spurs this season, maybe last season was a fluke and now we're back to normal. :mad:

• Advertisement

Terrible Result.
    Absolute garbage.
    Disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭larry1

Beaten, good God :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

6 games in, not a decent performance yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

another stinker of a performance. another defeat and we havent played any of the big boys yet , bar city at home. what about when we go to anfield, old trafford, emirated ?

as much as i like vdv as a player, lets face it lads we didnt need him, we needed a striker and didnt get one. vdv wont take the place of a striker

cudicini - played very well
    hutton - very good
    bassong - ok
    corluka - joke
    bale - very poor
    modric - our best player
    jenas - second best player
    hudd - woeful
    lennon - wofeul
    crouch - got no ball, the ones he did, he did nothing with it
    vdv - ok , too selfish on the ball sometimes

our league is going terribly and thats whats important to us. this 5 man midfield isnt suiting us at all cos you need a world class striker to acoomodate that system and we dont have one.

Pure tripe, devoid of ideas, centre halves were abysmal, Bale was never in the game and as usual Keane missed an easy chance. Disgusted, made that shower look good. We need a striker asap,this has to be addressed in january.

mickman wrote: »
    as much as i like vdv as a player, lets face it lads we didnt need him, we needed a striker and didnt get one. vdv wont take the place of a striker

Doesn't matter, he is a great addidtion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

another tactical masterclass from harry

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

horrible result to end a horrible week!! feck the champions league,i want to see our best 11 out in the league!!
    Losing to WBA and the east end pikeys is nothing short of scandalous!!
    Think harry has lost the plot,clueless! as soon as i saw his team selection,i knew we were gonna be beaten!! corluka is ****!! bale at the back is a brain dead idea!!
    The real spurs seem to have returned,maybe last season was a fluke!
    We will probably beat twente in the cl,but i dont give a ****!!!!
    hammers were rock bottom for gods sake!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

How was it Harrys fault. Ekotto, gallas and king were all injured. If he didn't play bale at the back then we would have had 2 defenders

Corluka is shocking though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Lucky to get nil in fairness. Never troubled Green bar Modric;s first half volley. No one played well but Lennon and Hudd were especially poor. Both could do with a spell on the bench.

Advertisement