Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get a cravat in dublin...?

Options
  • 24-09-2010 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭

where to get a cravat in dublin
    its one them neck tie things, iv asked in black tie but they said you buy the material and they make one up for you :confused: but surely there should be a place selling them or where do i buy the material..?

pale_blue_with_blue_cravat.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'm not trying to be smart or anything, but did you try asking in the Burlesque and Cabaret forum? They might know!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1290

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭markpb

Try the Suit and Tux Warehouse on 28 South Anne’s Lane, off Grafton St.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

any decent shop that sells suits / tuxs should also sell these.

(that kinda rules out blacktie though ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

Kennedy and McSharry on Nassau street should have cravats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

cheers for that guys ill give that a shot looking for a purple one for a debs noting too out of the ordinary colour wise so hopefully one them shops has one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I bought a patterned one in Brown Thomas once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

stovelid wrote: »
    I bought a patterned one in Brown Thomas once.

:eek: way outta my price range lol
    just for one night and never wear it again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

spider_pig wrote: »
    cheers for that guys ill give that a shot looking for a purple one for a debs noting too out of the ordinary colour wise so hopefully one them shops has one

What I did was get the same material as the girls dress, assuming she has a purple dress, and have the dress maker make it up for me. Turned out fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Try those tie places you see in town. Not sure of the name but there is one in Stephen's Green and one on Grafton Street near the junction of South Anne Street: those little shops that sell ties, scarves and the like.

I'd lend ye mine but anybody under 30 wouldn't be caught dead in a paisley one, no doubt. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,045 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

spider_pig wrote: »
    where to get a cravat in dublin
    its one them neck tie things, iv asked in black tie but they said you buy the material and they make one up for you :confused: but surely there should be a place selling them or where do i buy the material..?

pale_blue_with_blue_cravat.jpg

A haberdashary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

Seen them in marks and sparks wed night! The one in dundrum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Pop into Louis Copeland and see if they have any. They usually have neutral colours for weddings in stock and they wouldn't be as dear as the likes of BTs.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Old Goat over in F&A will know if you ask there! Hes a stylish old goat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

wixfjord wrote: »
    Old Goat over in F&A will know if you ask there! Hes a stylish old goat!

+1 :D

(He's also the Mod of Burlesque and Cabaret. Just getting that out there again!)

Advertisement