Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Culture Night 2010, tonight anything happening we should know about in the county??

Options
  • 24-09-2010 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Tonight 24/9/10 is Culture Night 2010.
    It is meant to be a night of entertainment, discovery and adventure which started in Dublin about 4 years ago. Cultural committees/groups and Arts Centres are opening their doors until late with free events, performances, tours etc.. for all the family.
    This is a good opportunity for the public to get to know what the cultural and arts groups are doing in the area.
    Is there anything planned here in Donegal for this evening/tonight?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

Ah, that might explain the ad I saw for something in Mullaghduff - the poster didn't actually have the date on it, just Oiche Chultuir!
    It's in the Old School at 7pm (sculptures, jewellery, etc), with music in Bonner's Bar from 9pm.
    If you want more info, PM me and I'll send you the contact number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Have a look here for events in / around Letterkenny, and have a look here for events in the Ghaeltacht.

These links will open up a pdf file with the details for all the events. The only trouble now, is deciding on which event to go to!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Tripzy

Guys,
    Thats great info... as you say the only problem now is deciding where to head!! Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I ended up choosing to go to the Cathedral for the Conwal Singers choir, and the fantastic Organ arrangement. Really enjoyed it.

Then decided to get a quick tour of the Illuminated Sculptures on display in the Town Park. This was also a great display, but I only had 20 minutes here, as it closed at 10pm.

It is a great idea, yet a shame that everything was on at the same time. This should be an all day event, with something scheduled from 9am onwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Agree - only got to one thing at Universal Bookshop. Really enjoyed the contributions there. Should have been a weekend event. Well done everyone :) Can't wait until next year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement