Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2010

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    The worst thing is that it invalidates your lap if somebody is in YOUR slipstream! Towing somebody down a straight is fair enough but being penalised for having somebody in your dirty air is a disgrace.

Aye that is daft. Wouldn't mind if they were right behind the whole way giving ya a backdraft (dunno the right term :pac:), but the way it is is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    The worst thing is that it invalidates your lap if somebody is in YOUR slipstream! Towing somebody down a straight is fair enough but being penalised for having somebody in your dirty air is a disgrace.

i forgot about that. the should have just kept hotlapping separate so your online and single player times dont count. then they could have kept the old system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Anyone got some recommendations for an Xbox 360 wheel for this? Bought it today and will start with the controller, but I can't see myself not buying a wheel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

There doesnt seem to be many that are compatible with the xbox - the official MS one has been discontinued.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

www.fanatec.de
    Look for the 360 compatible one

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    www.fanatec.de
    Look for the 360 compatible one

Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel - doesnt seem to be available in the Ireland shop any more. Only PS3/PC ones left

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Is this really that good? I've cleared Halo:Reach last night and was gonna trade it in against this, the online play really doesn't appeal to me:(

Is this really that good? I've cleared Halo:Reach last night and was gonna trade it in against this, the online play really doesn't appeal to me:(

It depends - there is a kindof addictive nature of wanting to do just one more lap, trying to beat your time. As someone said, once you start hitting apexes and getting the braking right, you want to push it a bit more for the next lap.

On the other hand - you might hate it cus its pretty unforgiving, you need to know the track to put in good times and even with traction on medium the lower cars (only raced a lotus so far) will spin out if you plant the foot exiting a sharp corner. Plus it keeps invalidating my laps and next laps if I run wide which is annoying

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just to note - be careful when you save the Game
    You can get a save file corrupted in a few suitations
    One of which happened me :mad:

Codies reckons the corrupt game save malfunction only occurs if, after completing an R&D objective, you: retire to the paddock via the Engineer (in the garage); terminally damage your car and select retire to paddock; get disqualified and select retire to paddock.

There is a fix promised - Link below:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-28-f1-2010-corrupt-saves-fix-promised

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

voxpop wrote:
    There doesnt seem to be many that are compatible with the xbox - the official MS one has been discontinued.

Interesting. Didn't know that.

• Advertisement

Is there any difference between the xbox and ps3 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Is there any difference between the xbox and ps3 version?

Well from here:
    http://www.videogameszone.de/F1-2010-PS3-231457/News/F1-2010-fuer-PS3-Xbox-360-und-PC-im-Grafikvergleich-Wo-schaut-das-Rennspiel-am-besten-aus-775037/galerie/1435632/?fullsize

It seems Xbox 360 has better graphics than PS3, haven't seen any other comparison yet(but haven't really been looking)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Just to note - be careful when you save the Game
    You can get a save file corrupted in a few suitations
    One of which happened me :mad:

Codies reckons the corrupt game save malfunction only occurs if, after completing an R&D objective, you: retire to the paddock via the Engineer (in the garage); terminally damage your car and select retire to paddock; get disqualified and select retire to paddock.

There is a fix promised - Link below:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-28-f1-2010-corrupt-saves-fix-promised

Yeah it happened twice to me and I just presumed it was because I powered down and maybe it had been saving in the background.
    The second time I was on 5th race on full length seasons and have not had the urge to play again since as I raced etc for so long to get there.

Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

so whjats the general opinion on this game? is it a buyer now or a shelf minder?

I ended up getting it for the ps3, I've no complaints about the graphics. I haven't had a lot of time to play it yet but it is a very challenging game - it's very easy to spin out on the first corner of a race!

There is a lot of assists that can be tweaked - a racing line, like in forza, and brake assist, which makes any braking by you unnecessary. They're both handy when you start it and break you into it easily.

Get it, it is a decent game - everywhere were sold out of ps3 copies when I went to get it and had to travel a bit to get it:mad:

I ended up getting it for the ps3, I've no complaints about the graphics. I haven't had a lot of time to play it yet but it is a very challenging game - it's very easy to spin out on the first corner of a race!

There is a lot of assists that can be tweaked - a racing line, like in forza, and brake assist, which makes any braking by you unnecessary. They're both handy when you start it and break you into it easily.

Get it, it is a decent game - everywhere were sold out of ps3 copies when I went to get it and had to travel a bit to get it:mad:
    picking this up saturday well today at this time lol..

looking forward to it its just hard to try and get to play all these new releases....

FFS ms will u release games during the summer ffs:(

I know, it's bullsh*t - Black Ops and GT5 are released within a week of each other:mad:

I know, it's bullsh*t - Black Ops and GT5 are released within a week of each other:mad:
    well im xbox so gt wont affect me until i buy another ps3 lol. but so far the last few weeks have brought halo reach bought the legendary for 130, fifa 50, formula 1 45, then next will be medal of honor 50, fallout new vegas collectors 80, vanquish 45 and fable 3 collectors 55 so thats 400 notes methinks in 2 months :eek: its a disgrace imo or maybe my spending habits are a disgrace???:o

forgot black ops so add another 80 for the hardened edition and 150 for kinect lol ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

How avoidable are the things that cause the corrupt save? Any estimated time when the patch will be out?

I'm dying to get the game, but I'm already playing FIFA 11 which is riddled with bugs left, right and center.

Advertisement