Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewal of loan

Options
  • 24-09-2010 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Bank have sent new loan agreement but want to put up my interest rate considerably. I am on interest only and will be reducing the loan balance considerably soon so they want now to increase the interest rate which will make my monthly repayment still the same as it was before the reduction of the capital. I am afraid every time i will get close to paying back the loan they will push rates up. The loan is asset backed by letter of guaranttee. I have other assets with no loans against them. As far as i can see they want to screw me as long as possible and then reposses. I would like a mortgage and pay it off over 20 yrs which would be the same as my existing interest only payment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

st1979 wrote: »
    Bank have sent new loan agreement but want to put up my interest rate considerably. I am on interest only and will be reducing the loan balance considerably soon so they want now to increase the interest rate which will make my monthly repayment still the same as it was before the reduction of the capital. I am afraid every time i will get close to paying back the loan they will push rates up. The loan is asset backed by letter of guaranttee. I have other assets with no loans against them. As far as i can see they want to screw me as long as possible and then reposses. I would like a mortgage and pay it off over 20 yrs which would be the same as my existing interest only payment.

1. Paragraphs would make it easier to read

2.What is your question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

were you supposed to start capital and interest repayments after a pre-defined interest only period?

if you were, and then said you couldn't honour this arrangement then the bank is entitled to reprice the facility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    were you supposed to start capital and interest repayments after a pre-defined interest only period?

if you were, and then said you couldn't honour this arrangement then the bank is entitled to reprice the facility.

This is correct. The bank's raw material (aka money) costs more to obtain and therefore the price they charge the customer is obviously going to be passed on.

Advertisement