Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dorset college questions

Options
  • 24-09-2010 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello,

I am planning on taking the CCNA part time evening course at Dorset College in October. Before I go ahead and pay for the course I would like to know a few things first.

Would anyone be able to tell me about the college? I cant any information from anyone whos actually been, and how good it is and how the teachers are at their job.

Second question is parking. I will be coming from Clonee, so If I plan on getting a bus I would have to park on the navan road or find somewhere else. My girlfriend says the area around dorset college would not really be ideal to park my car in. I'll be coming out at 9:30pm so id rather drive home then try and bus home.

Any information at all about the college would be greatly appreciated ;)

Honsou.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dorisd

Hi Honsou

I'm looking into going to this Dorset college this Oct too. Did you ever here anything back about it Re: good, bed :confused: As for the parking there is some meter parking in and around the college 5 -10 mins away but its free from 7pm in most cases.

Best of Luck.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Honsou

You will have to pay for the parking, works out to around E7.50 for the evening courses per night.

I took the CCNA course. For the price of the course, it was dissapointing. Almost everyone was in the industry already, which changed the dynamic of the course. We had no hands-on with any equipment, and 95% of the time was the tutor reading from the cisco academy website.

It wasnt a waste of money, because It got me so far, and built my interest in networking, but apart from messing around with packet tracer or the online questions, it was literally the guy reading the website (zzzzzz). I stopped going in the end in favor of CBT Nugget videos, which were a million times more interesting and engaging.

Honsou.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pinksalt

i paid 300 euro deposit for a course there and went to a few of the lectures. It was a night time course and i felt uncomfortable with leaving my car outside. Several of the girls on the course were nervous walking from the college to get buses in o'connell street. The college i felt in general was not very professional. i have done diplomas in DBS, UCD and TCD and there was no comparison in terms of professionalism. Classes were cancelled during the snow without my having been notified and i felt they could have been more professional. They were quite hostile when i complained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Falabdulah

Hi Honsou,

If you park in Drumcondra, its only 10 minutes walk from the college and its free in some places. I'v done the CCNA, good lecturer, found the practicals quite hard but got through it, some guys had more experience than me and I learned off them as well. I found the staff friendly and professional. Good luck if you decide to do it.

Faris

Advertisement