Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wisdom alarm

Options
  • 24-09-2010 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi
    Im trying to fix a wisdom alarm. The problem is that it sets fine. When i come back in door the timer starts but the code will only turn the alarm off after timer has expired and siren is ringing.Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Very easy to solve if you have the engineer code. Go to parameter 40 and set it to yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭bryanbal

didnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I don't use the wisdom but all UK panels have to comply with DD243 and that means disabling the keypad on entry and only allowing pace and pin.
    So you need to search for this option and disable it.
    Sorry I can't be of more help

bryanbal wrote: »
    didnt work

If you defaulted the alarm to factory setting you have returned it to the UK setting. The panel will need to be flashed unless you know it inside out.

The entry unset option I thought would of being the answer as if set to yes it can be unset during the entry/exit time with any device. If no is selected the system can only be unset using a keyfob during the entry time. I dont think there is a pace for this alarm.

I have a engineer manual off the system somewhere so will have a look to see if I can help you tomorrow.

I had a look through the engineer manual off the wisdom panel today and could not find anything other than what i told you to change in relation to the problem your having. The only thing i can say is there panel is flashed for the Irish market so there must be some change in the flashing to allow it to work as it should over here. I did come across the same problem your having about 3 years ago working on a wisdom panel but the change in parameter 40 sorted it for me. I will see if i can get you anymore info on Monday that might help you out.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    I had a look through the engineer manual off the wisdom panel today and could not find anything other than what i told you to change in relation to the problem your having. The only thing i can say is there panel is flashed for the Irish market so there must be some change in the flashing to allow it to work as it should over here. I did come across the same problem your having about 3 years ago working on a wisdom panel but the change in parameter 40 sorted it for me. I will see if i can get you anymore info on Monday that might help you out.

Thanks for suggestion.Dont stress too much about it. I might only find more problems later.

I will leave it with you then, let us know if you find out what settings need to be changed.

another problem with a wisdom lads. Spkr battery low. I replaced the 6 backup batteries in panel. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

another problem with a wisdom lads. Spkr battery low. I replaced the 6 backup batteries in panel. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

This was nothing to do with the panel batteries. What it is is the 2 batteries for the speaker in the external bell. If your getting up to replace them I would suggest replacing the 5 batteries.

This was nothing to do with the panel batteries. What it is is the 2 batteries for the speaker in the external bell. If your getting up to replace them I would suggest replacing the 5 batteries.

What size batteries are they. Are they the main batteries in the ext bell or is there some smaller ones for speaker hidden away.

• Advertisement

What size batteries are they. Are they the main batteries in the ext bell or is there some smaller ones for speaker hidden away.

They are the CR123A batteries. All in the external bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dillondb

i have s=1Rad L Baty up on the display does anyone know is it the panel or the outside bell battery needs changing and if it's the panel, does the panel have to be taking off the wall, thanks.

dillondb wrote: »
    i have s=1Rad L Baty up on the display does anyone know is it the panel or the outside bell battery needs changing and if it's the panel, does the panel have to be taking off the wall, thanks.

That is the external bell that has a low battery. They are the CR123A batteries, I would suggest replacing the 5 batteries.

thank's i'll try that tomorrow

thank's i'll try that tomorrow

Your welcome, any problems let us know..

hi there,
    i tried to change the external batteries and as i was removing the cover i set of the alarm, do i have to disable the alarm at the panel and how is that done i looked at the manual and it does'nt tell you.
    thank's brian.

Hi Brian,

Entering your user code when you open the bell will disarm the alarm plus taken the batteries out while your up there will also do the same till you replace them.

Any problems, let us know.

thank's, i'll try it in the morning.

Hi there,
    I replaced the external batteries and now i have another alarm S=1 Lost and S=1 L spkr bat,any suggestions.
    thank's brian.

Hi there,
    i took out the batteries and swapped them around now the alarm is showing no alarms and seems to be working grand.Thanks again for your help. brian.

• Advertisement

Good to hear its all working Brian.
    I would of thought there might be a problem with the connectors for the batteries or the power needs to be discharged from the bell to clear this fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wisDOM2

I have the same problem. While I am waiting for amazon to deliver the replacement batteries, BandQ are charging the same for one as I can get six for on amazon, I was wondering how I get into the external bell? I take it the alarm will go off if I just open it up, is there a way to disable it from the panel?

Cheers,
    Gavin

wisDOM2 wrote: »
    I have the same problem. While I am waiting for amazon to deliver the replacement batteries, BandQ are charging the same for one as I can get six for on amazon, I was wondering how I get into the external bell? I take it the alarm will go off if I just open it up, is there a way to disable it from the panel?

Cheers,
    Gavin

When you open the bell you can turn off the alarm to stop it ringing, taken the batteries out while your up there will also do the same till you replace them.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

just use the key fob or get some one to turn it off when your up the ladder because the minute you open the cover it will start ringing and its loud so if there is someone that can turn it off for you its saves you trying to use the fob at the top of a ladder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wisDOM2

When you open the bell you can turn off the alarm to stop it ringing, taken the batteries out while your up there will also do the same till you replace them.
    snipey wrote: »
    just use the key fob or get some one to turn it off when your up the ladder because the minute you open the cover it will start ringing and its loud so if there is someone that can turn it off for you its saves you trying to use the fob at the top of a ladder

Thank you for your help! I'll give it a go as soon as the batteries arrive (possibly with some ear defenders).

wisDOM2 wrote: »
    Thank you for your help! I'll give it a go as soon as the batteries arrive (possibly with some ear defenders).

You may not need them depending on the batteries that are dead :D

alarm is telling me partition 1 not ready check panel, i just can't get it to set, i changed every battery because its telling me battery low,i didn't change the outside ones because they were changed around a year ago.any suggestions,
    thanks,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Press * goto view & goto faults.
    Enter you code when prompted?

What does it say is the problem?

i'm not at home till tomorrow so i'll have a look then but i think it was telling me low battery in zone 1 zone 2 etc also s=1 lost and line fault, i think i'll just get a new one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its really a straightforward enough system. Its just a lot of people don't understand them. Also remember after you close a device after changing a battery you need to open/close the zone to send another transmission to clear the faults.

Advertisement