Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cube or Trek;you decide???!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

It's friday. we need a poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I presume you are planning on racing it?

Dura Ace, I wouldn't bother with. It's too expensive for what it is.

I have Ultegra on my main race bike and 105/Ultegra mix on my training bike.
    Both are perfectly adequate.

There are plenty other options out there which have better value. Consider the Canyons or even drop into a bike shop and they might be able to build something up for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Barrya

of the three I would go with the cube with Ultegra for the reasons mentioned above.

but honestly, if you don't love any of them then keep looking, or else you will end up in the "should have left the credit card at home thread" after a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

ultegra cube. too many treks, not enough cubes in this world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Cube!! Everyone has a Trek, the Cube is much nicer too and you can soften us the collour scheme by not using green tyres.

EDIT: The blue Cube is really nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Any cube I have seen looks great in the flesh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Timmah!

+1 for Cube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Wife has a cube, it's lovely, real nice "wet paint" black finish on it too.
    Well priced for the spec, esp compared to lapierre or trek or giant etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

The blue Cube would be my pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭morninwood

+1 on the Agree GTC Race

best value for money and looks of the three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I would go for the SL - buy the better spec if you can afford it, I also think its nicer - but thats less relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cormpat

+1 Cube bikes in general. I have a 2007 Cube Agree GTC with Ultegra, have to say it's a great bike. Light, stiff frame, very responsive. Cheaper than Treks as well. That's what I'd be going for.

I know this is off topic, but I can't believe that any Pro Tour Teams ride Cube Bikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Karagesh

cormpat wrote: »

I know this is off topic, but I can't believe that any Pro Tour Teams ride Cube Bikes.

Because you have to pay a team a lot of money to ride your bikes.

Look at last years Cube models (sorry this years lol) going cheap, some seem to be better speced and a lot cheaper.

I have a 2010 Cube Streamer and its a great bike and see very few about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Arequipa

Thank you for your replies;appreciate it! I am thinking the Cube GTC Race; good spec, lovely design & reasonable price.
    I think Cube purposely don't have a pro team, because they can keep their prices down and very competitive.
    As far as I know they are a German company based in the Bavarian region of Southern Germany. Their bikes are vigorously designed and tested in the Alps;think they are very popular in Germany, Holland etc.Think Treks are fab bikes but seem overly expensive.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

The SL is nice too, look at it without the green strip on the tyres, think that would improve the look with normal tyres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 edge500

Cube is the best option. As said before , too many Trek's in the country . The GTC SL is a lighter frameset than the Race , I have seen the 2011 bike , looks fine but I personally would change the tyres. Contrary to what Raam has said you wont get a bike anywhere with Dura -ace for that money with the same spec's. The Race is still a grand bike , especially the blue being a bit different. The FSA carbon chainset retails at over 400 euros alone! Plus there is a choice of compact or standard chainset. Syntace bars , stem and seat pin too . These items are really expensine to buy on their own . Also a Fizik Arione saddle.

I would go for the Cube Agree GTC SL. Do a price comparison , nothing will get near it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Arequipa

Edge, thank you for your reply- I was looking at the cube catalogue & website& subsequently talked to my local bakeshop- owner said the bikes are much nicer in the flesh! So plan on seeing them within the next few weeks- was thinking of waiting to buy until after Christmas as wouldn't get much cycling done in winter & could use my Trusty Trek 4300 over the Winter!
    The green tyres are interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

yeah i was going go cube peleton myself but stepped up to attempt, the cube are very nice in flesh lovely bike and very good specs, much better than any trek at the price.

Advertisement